Running Connector on Client Freezes/Locks-up Server RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the trial version of WHS yesterday and everything installed fine on the server PC.  Now I need to install the connector software and it will not work.  I tried 2 client PC's (one running XP 64-bit and the other running XP 32-bit SP3).  Most of my attempts were with the 32-bit PC. 

Everytime I try to install the connector software, the server locks up.  I am installing from the server/software shared folder.  I can see the server on the network, ping the server, and have even transferred files to it.  I am not running the firewall on the server and have no other virus/firewall program installed. 

I downloaded the "Troubleshooting Windows Home Server Connector Installation" document from Microsoft and found out the following.  When I run the "https://<YourServerName>:56000/enroll/id.xml" test, the server locks up.  The other tests work fine, so it seems there is a problem with secured connections.

I also ran the WHS Connector Troubleshooter Toolkit and found the following issues:

- "The version of the Connector software does not match the version of Windows Home Server" (but I am running from the network share and have uninstalled and deleted the WHS folder on the client PC)

- "Cannot connect to the server secure internal Web site"

- There are other issues, but everything fails after the server locks up...

IIS is installed and running, and so is "WHS Site".  All PCs are connected to the same router.  The router is a Linksys WCG200 and the server NIC is running the latest nVidia driver.

I am out of ideas on how to fix this.  I appreciate any ideas people have on how I can solve this issue as I really want to use WHS.  Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:46 AM

Answers

• Please try reinstalling the WHS software on your server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by de3pc77 Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:57 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:32 PM

All replies

• Please try reinstalling the WHS software on your server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by de3pc77 Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:57 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:32 PM
  • Thanks for the help, it seems to be working fine now.  I am running the Windows updates, hopefully that doesn't break anything ;)
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:56 PM