none
Remote Desktop Connection RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to link the two computers I get a error message
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:03 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:12 PM

All replies

• Obviously you are suffering from some sort of deficiency.  Maybe your computer is missing some components. Perhaps you should not keep doing something that always has the same results.  Try doing something different. 

I suggest that you start by posting your question in a forum for new users.  That form is here: http://answers.microsoft.com They can help you with basic questions about using Windows.  This forum is for technical people who are trained in Windows and who use something called "scripting" to perform maintenance and administration tasks.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:38 PM
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:37 PM
  • What does the following PowerShell command show on the computer your trying to connect to?

Get-NetTCPConnection -LocalPort 3389

? :)

Saturday, September 2, 2017 7:47 PM
  • What does the following PowerShell command show on the computer your trying to connect to?

Get-NetTCPConnection -LocalPort 3389

? :)

This does not work when a connection cannot be made.

This is not a customer support forum. 

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, September 2, 2017 8:29 PM
  • Hence my smiley face :) but would that not be one of several troubling shooting steps to take?
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 9:25 PM
  • No.  If you can't make a connection then you will not find that useful at all. It is only useful for inspecting a connection that is successful.

The first step in troubleshooting is to learn the technology that you are working with.  In this case Windows and Windows networking as well as a complete understanding of the error message.

Oh yes.  Error message.  Most people seem to not understand that error messages have importance.  Usually they are ignored.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Saturday, September 2, 2017 10:02 PM
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 10:01 PM