How do I renew my Homeserver Domain? (or do I?) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had the 120 day Eval also. But i did not buy the full version. I noticed that the domain is still active.  I can connect to my home router when I type in the xxxx.homeserver.com address.  How long will this be active and can I renew it if it expies?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:19 PM

Answers

• As of yet, there has never been a mention of any fee.

I would assume that the domain is included in the price, as we are now getting things like 'the cloud' and 'mesh' as a free service.

Colin

Friday, August 1, 2008 4:30 PM

All replies

• The only way to "renew" it is through Windows Home Server. Eventually (assuming your ISP assigns IP addresses through DHCP) your external IP address will change and it will no longer point to your router.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:28 AM
  • Assuming that I did get the full version, is there a anual or renewal fee for the domain name?

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:49 PM
  • As of yet, there has never been a mention of any fee.

I would assume that the domain is included in the price, as we are now getting things like 'the cloud' and 'mesh' as a free service.

Colin

Friday, August 1, 2008 4:30 PM
  • No, the vanity URL is provided by Microsoft at no cost to the user. If you have an HP MediaSmart Server, there may be costs associated with the TZO domains that they have arranged.
    Friday, August 1, 2008 4:58 PM