none
Alerts,replies and cursor issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have three problems

a) Alerts. I have checked all my settings but I'm not getting email alerts.

b) Sometimes I cannot see my cursor when typing in the reply box

c)When I reply to an someone who has given an anwser to my question ,the reply is inserted at the end of the posts instead of after the specific reply

d)I have just seen another problem.When I edited a reply after posting it the first time, there was nothing unusual.The second time I saw html for paragraph marks and the submit window looked different.

e) Another problem 08/08/2010.

Did not see my new posts in forefox, was ok in IE.

Regards

Johann

Thanks in advance for helping with my questions. Johann
    • Edited by BabyBoomer2 Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:47 PM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:11 AM

Answers

• There has been some progress! Thanks for fixing the alerts.How about the other questions??

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Hello there, I'll try....

a) our recent alerts update hopefully solved those problems

b) Not being able to see your cursor is strange, we haven't had that reported before

c) if you go into your my settings, I think if you select the 'threaded view', then your reply should go into the right place

d) is odd, we'll log a bug and look into it

e) you aren't seeing new posts in firefox? can you give me some examples of what you see (screen shot saved somewhere you can link to?)?

Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:29 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• There has been some progress! Thanks for fixing the alerts.How about the other questions??

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Hello there, I'll try....

b) Not being able to see your cursor is strange, we haven't had that reported before

c) if you go into your my settings, I think if you select the 'threaded view', then your reply should go into the right place

e) you aren't seeing new posts in firefox? can you give me some examples of what you see (screen shot saved somewhere you can link to?)?

Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent,

I'ts great seeing progress!

Solved!

Saw it again yesterday when trying to re edit my post after having submitted it.It does not seem a consistent error, but it happens regularly.

When the cursor issue occurs,(it has just again occured for this edit)I click cancel and then edit again.Then it always works.

Thanks I'll try that

The Html type error has not occured again, seems it was an odd one.Maybe had something to do with html view, most likely I hit the button by mistake.Ignore this one.

e) you aren't seeing new posts in firefox? can you give me some examples of what you see (screen shot saved somewhere you can link to?)

Happened again yesterday.I could have sworn I did click submit reply to the post, but then when I moved away from the page to another thread it dissapeared.There was no warning when leaving the page about the post still being open; everything looked ok, when I came back to it the post was gone.Entered a post again for the same thread and all was ok.I'll  record all my actions before taking them next time, and let you know what happened.

• Edited by BabyBoomer2 Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:58 AM
  • issue b)

When I edit an existing thread I can see the steady cursor as I hover over text, but not the blinking cursor to show you the actual position you are in the text.Replying to a thread is not a problem.It only occurs when editing.

If the thread is old ,it happens every time a coconut.If the thread is newly posted and I have not yet logged off, no problem.

I do not physically log off everytime, sometimes I just close the window.Could this be the cause?

Cheers Johann

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:19 AM
  • issue c) just happened again.I saw my post when I clicked submit.I did not see the "busy token" that Is normally evident.I waited for a few seconds then when I clicked on "my threads" I saw that the post had vanished.

update---Strange. I  went back to "my threads" just now, and saw it there!

issue d) Just happened again, the html view appeared by itself when I was in edit mode.Also some of the text size shrank.I could not correct the text size and had to paste over the whole post.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:14 AM
  • Just had the issue again of my post not registering, it's very frustrating to lose your whole question, especially when you put some work into it.

It seems to be a random problem, but I'm really getting tired of it.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:13 PM