Notes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom entity FmProcessing, which has the notes option enabled.

I have created a SSRS report for this entity, but due to the complexed nature of the report, I have had to use SQL to query CRM. I would like to report the notes on any record form that table. In SQL where would I find the notes   and how would they be linked to the entity

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Pete,

The notes would be in the FilteredAnnotation view linked to your entity by the objectid column. You could use SQL similar to the following to retrieve notes:

SELECT FilteredAnnotation.notetext
    FROM FilteredAnnotation
    INNER JOIN FilteredNew_FmProcessing ON FilteredAnnotation.objectid = FilteredNew_FmProcessing .New_FmProcessingId

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Edited by MJFPalmer Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:04 PM Bug in supplied code
    • Proposed as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pete Newman Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:05 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:02 PM
  • Check the AnnotationBase table - ObjectId & ObjectTypeCode link to the related record and type.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Pete,

The notes would be in the FilteredAnnotation view linked to your entity by the objectid column. You could use SQL similar to the following to retrieve notes:

SELECT FilteredAnnotation.notetext
    FROM FilteredAnnotation
    INNER JOIN FilteredNew_FmProcessing ON FilteredAnnotation.objectid = FilteredNew_FmProcessing .New_FmProcessingId

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Edited by MJFPalmer Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:04 PM Bug in supplied code
    • Proposed as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pete Newman Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:05 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:02 PM
  • Check the AnnotationBase table - ObjectId & ObjectTypeCode link to the related record and type.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:04 PM