Monitor Capabilities of Windows 10 on a Phone RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking at building my own phone by mounting three OLED screens in a row on hinges and setting them up as three monitors. When I unfold the display I want the phone to recognize there is an extended display and when folded it only detects the single display.

Can Windows 10 Phone recognize multiple monitors and extended displays like it does on a desktop natively, i.e. plug and play once I solder the connectors to the motherboard? If not is there a solution for programing the OS on a phone so that addition displays are recognized? If it recognizes it natively then can it detect when a display is off and de-extend the display to only one screen.

If I have this in the wrong place please let me know.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I will move your thread later since this forum is for Windows Phone Dev Center apps issue and it is not so appropriate for this thread to be here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:54 AM
  • This might be the best forum for this question:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itpromobile

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, November 8, 2017 1:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:24 PM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 10:58 AM