Tool tips and alt+tab window disappear quickly and windows open in background, RRS feed

• Question

• EDIT: LOOKS LIKE I PUT THIS IN THE WRONG SECTION. MY APOLOGIES.

I am running Windows Xp on a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. These are the issues that i am having, I have a funny feeling that they are somehow related.

1) Most tool tips, not all but most, disappear within a second. Definitely not enough time for me to read what they say.

2) When I press Alt+Tab to switch between open windows, it disappears within a few seconds. I know that once you press Alt+Tab, it should stay there until you release Alt. This is not the case. I dont't have time to get to the third window.

3) Most windows, not all but most, open in the background, behind other windows. I then have to use the taskbar to get to them. Its pretty annoying. This happens with several of the applications that I run.

This has been happening for some time now. I cant figure out why this is happening. I have not found anybody else that have these same issues.

I once found an article with the same Alt+Tab issue here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell/243130-weird-alt-tab-issue-xp.html

I tried the solution explained in the post: shut it down, unplug the power adapter, unplug the battery, and hold down the power key for 10 seconds.  To me it sounds like a crazy solution, but it would fix all of these issues for only a few months or so. I would have to do this then every few months. Well now, the fix only lasts a few days. I really need to find an actual solution.

If anyone could help me that would be great! Thanks!

• Edited by michig54 Friday, March 11, 2011 5:27 PM Wrong Section
    Friday, March 11, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers