96% Memory Usage.... Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys...

I have searched and search to try to find out about anybody getting Memory Low Messages...

I have 2 gigs on both a desk top and laptop.

Desktop is X64 Vista Ultiment

Laptop is X32 Vist Premium.

Does anybody think that's my problem ... I love backing up the Laptop to a usb drive (along with Desktop)

Love the printer sharing....

I really like the product on my laptop and am only having problme with memory usage on the X64 machince???

Thanks All

Op

Sunday, August 12, 2007 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi OpX,

I also have a Vista x64 box and recently experienced a similar problem with memory consumption.  I've entered a bug against this and will have a developer look into this to understand the root cause.

Appreciate your help in bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,

-Eddy

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:11 PM

All replies

• I would start investigating this by opening task manager and on the processes tab check "show processes from all users", then click the top of the memory column twice which will sort memory usage from highest to lowest so you can easily see which processes are using large amounts of memory. 

Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:42 PM
  • Hey,

Can't get that far with the X64 desktop

Once I got to see the memory processes as you instructed... It looked like svchost ....

I searched and found instrusctions telling me to turn off auto updates, reboot, do updates myself... didn't work

Hope you can read this I have a broken finger, OUCH!!!

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:14 PM
  • Uninstall One Care and see if that resolves the problem. 

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:41 PM
  •  

Uninstalled Onecare on the X64 Vista Disktop....

Everything runs great and is back to normal

Still have it on my Laptop... I love it.

I loved the whole idea about the circle.... I miss the printer use and can't wait to have it back on my X64 machine.

is their anyway I can be of more help to you guys to get this fixed.

It rean fine for 2 day.... then somewhere I beleive but not sure.... it has something to do with backing up to a usb harddrive.... Day 3 is when it went wrong.

Thanks

Op

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:06 PM
  • Did you reinstall OneCare on the desktop again and did the problem return? If so, please file a detailed bug with the support logs as described on Connect - https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168

and then go ahead and remove OneCare again if needed to get the PC functioning properly for you.

-steve

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:24 PM
  • Hi OpX,

I also have a Vista x64 box and recently experienced a similar problem with memory consumption.  I've entered a bug against this and will have a developer look into this to understand the root cause.

Appreciate your help in bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,

-Eddy

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:11 PM
  • Hey Guys,

Just an update....

I just reloaded Beta 2 on my Vista X64 box and all is working very good now... everything except for backing up to my USB Harddrive.

You guys must have fixed something... cause she is running good now.  I had a previous backup going to an extra harddive in my box and it told me I could run both but did not recomend it... that was something new.

I love onecare just for the whole Cirlce thing is a great idea if I can get it to backup.

Keep up the hard work

Chuck (Op)

Monday, September 24, 2007 6:09 PM