Email Router - outgoing profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a problem with configuration of CRM Email Router. While in incoming profile settings there is an option "User specified" for access credentials, there is no such thing for outgoing profile. In Personal Settings on Email tab there is a checkbox "Allow Email router to use my credentials to send and receive email on my behalf". With this option checked I am unable to send emails in CRM. How can I configure email router properly?

Thanks in advance,
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:36 PM

All replies

• Are you using Exchange 2007?

If so,are you using SSL authentication?
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:39 PM
  • No I am using Exchange 2003.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:45 PM
  • Having said!

All latest rollups installed?

Can you manually send email as a user,creat a email activity and see if you can send it out?
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:59 PM
  • When I create profile and select Windows Authentication and in Other Specified type username and password then I can send emails (create activity in crm and recieve it) but only for that specified user. None other can, because this account have not 'Send as' permission (it cannot be changed because of security reasons). I thought that users can type their credentials on Email tab in web client but it didn't work out. I've installed rollup 1 and 2.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:17 PM
  • Hi Tomasz,

There are several deployment scenario options available in the e-mail router.  You will want to select the deployment scenario that best fits your organization needs or the needs of your client.  Once you have the selected desired deployment scenario, you need to read through the implementation and configuration settings carefully and apply them as directed.  Please see the implementation guide for complete instructions:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8ea05b4e-825a-4db1-ad59-d894aa5ef33e&displaylang=en

If you are having problems with a particular deployment scenario configuration, please let us know which deployment scenario you want to use so we can focus assistance on that particular option. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:40 PM
  • The scenario is as follows:
    - There are many users which uses only Outlook to send and track their emails and this works fine
    - Some users in this domain have email router set in outgoing profile. (about 50 users or so)
    - In email router I have created outgoing profile which connects to SMTP and uses the 'Other specified' account credentials to send emails.
    The problem is that only the user which uses that account (and email mailbox in smtp server) can send emails. When I try to send emails as other user in CRM the following error appears in event log:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSCRMEmail
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date:  2009-04-15
    Time:  14:04:23
    User:  N/A
    Computer: ####
    Description:
    #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "email router 5 CRM:0028019" for SMTP: http://10.200.202.11:5555/#### for delivery through #####. System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Client does not have permission to submit mail to this server. The server response was: 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to Send As this sender.
       at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
       at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider.ProcessMessageInternal(email emailMessage)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingSendEmailProvider.ProcessMessage(email emailMessage)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingSendEmailProvider.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

But I cannot grant 'Send As' privileges because of security reasons. Why there is no option in Access credentials in Email router settings to use 'User specified' credentials so every user can be authorized individually. Creating individual outgoing profiles for every user is pointless (requires to type the password for that user). However there is an option in Personal Settings in CRM Web Application "Allow Email router to use my credentials to send and receive email on my behalf." which allows to type domain/username and password, but it didn't work either. Do I need to grand some privileges to that account which connects to SMTP server or there is another solution?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:32 AM
  • Change the user and password in the router outgoing profile to a domain admin user and password.  This should allow everyone who is using the router as outgoing to be able to send e-mails unless I am missing something.

(In email router I have created outgoing profile which connects to SMTP and uses the 'Other specified' account credentials to send emails)
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:10 AM