locked
CRM 2011 List Component Issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem with the CRM 2011 List Component for SharePoint 2010. We have had the solution in place for months running without issue. Our devs performed a code upgrade yesterday and subsequently CRM can no longer connect to the SharePoint site assigned to it via Document management. When trying to automatically create new folders via Document Management Settings we receive the error, "Microsoft Dynamics CRM List Component is not installed".

    The component is indeed installed, activated, and running on the SharePoint 2010 site collection that CRM is pointed to. CRM can validate the URL without issues too.

    I have verified the site collection and SharePoint Farm are in working order, the service account running the CRM app pool has access to the site collection, reinstalled the list component with the newest version for SharePoint 2010, verified the solution activates properly, verified the Sandbox code service is running on the SharePoint farm, verified that the .htc file ext is allowed for the web application, and we tested the CRM code deployment in multiple environment prior to releasing.

    The list component worked without issue and nothing that I can see was changed but for some reason CRM can not recognize that the solution is running on the site collection.

    Any ideas? I hope I'm just overlooking something easy.

    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:05 PM

Answers

  • Turned out to be an issue with the List Component running on our SharePoint webapp causing some sort of corruption. I ended up needing to create a new web application (we have a separate web app for our CRM environment), export the data from the corrupted site collection, import it to a collection on the new webapp, install the list component there and add it to CRM. Went through and updated the records to point to the new site and was good to go.

    I still haven't found the exact cause of the issue/corruption. Considering the SharePoint solution should have been running sandboxed from the rest of the code it shouldn't of happened.

    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:33 PM

All replies

  • I doubt this will be easy to diagnose on here.  The devs will probably have to walk people though their steps to find out what broke.  I would open a case with MSFT and they can help you fix this and walk through it with them.

    Jamie Miley

    Check out RBA Today!

    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:46 PM
    Moderator
  • Turned out to be an issue with the List Component running on our SharePoint webapp causing some sort of corruption. I ended up needing to create a new web application (we have a separate web app for our CRM environment), export the data from the corrupted site collection, import it to a collection on the new webapp, install the list component there and add it to CRM. Went through and updated the records to point to the new site and was good to go.

    I still haven't found the exact cause of the issue/corruption. Considering the SharePoint solution should have been running sandboxed from the rest of the code it shouldn't of happened.

    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:33 PM