MSCRM 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

when i run set up for mscrm 3. i get an error in very beginning that creatProcess failed.

I am havin windows server 2003 ... sql server 2005...

is it must in mscrm 3 to add an exchange server before installing mscrm 3...

also..
    if someone can please tell wat all services are reqd to install mscrm 3
    Friday, June 26, 2009 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Karan,
    Please see similar thread below. This should help you resolve the issue.

You do not need exchange server to install MS CRM v3.0

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Friday, June 26, 2009 10:11 AM
  • Hi,

I would suggest referring to the Implementation Guide for the requirements first. The Implementation Guide can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en. The IG describes all the processes that must run before you can install CRM 3.0 as well as lists all the requirements.

Also, please check the installation log for the error code.

Kind regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Friday, June 26, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Hi

I have gone thru implementation guide..
    see my whole set up is as follows..

- i have a windows server 2003 where i have created a domain ... and with two organisation.. mscrmusers and mscrm test...
     - i have installed sql 2005 on this machine and installed mscrm 4.0 using mscrmusers organisation... that is working perfect..
    - now in mscrmtest organisation i added a user and then on that machine i installed windows server 2003 and sql 2005..

- now when i tried installing mscrm 3.. it gives error...
    - earlier i thought that this issue is because of domain..
    but i tried to install set up on machine which is in different domain..but error was same... moment i enter license key click,, i accept terms and conditions.. this error comes...
    Friday, June 26, 2009 10:51 AM