how to prepare for Exam 70-562: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development? RRS feed

• Question

• Please could you give some free links because i am a college student and am finding it hard to buy the study guide 

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-562): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - ASP.NET

Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can find all details about the topics of the exam on the exam page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-562&locale=en-us

And you find all topics given there documented inside the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx

So all information required to prepare for the exam is freely available.

And we do not help with the distribution of copyrighted material like copies of books. If you are a student, then maybe the library has the book or at least in germany libraries are connected and you can get a book from another library without problems. Or if you want to buy it: Amazon also has a market for used books. So maybe you get the self-paced training kit very cheap!

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:55 AM
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:58 PM
    Answerer
  • If you have this experience and always tried to get all out of the technology, then it could be quite easy. But I would always go thorugh the list of topics and make sure that you read all about it and got experience with it. Often you simply do not need some parts in the practice of a job so you can easily miss parts. I am always writing test projects where I play around with the whole technology so I am 100% sure, that I understood everything.

And I am also doubting a little bit: 2 years of experience? You are a student so you are not doing a full time ASP.Net development. So doing much more projects and making sure, that all parts of the technology was covered is really important in my eyes. (As a full time developer it is easier to play around with all parts of the technology - at least I have the luck to have such a job.)

So all this is hard to judge. Maybe you have the knowledge and maybe you miss a lot. So if you could get your hands on the book it would be good to do the small practice test that is on the CD of the book. (I like to do the practice tests of MeasureUp / SelfTestSoftware as part of my preparation. It is always nice to get a feedback that I know all.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:16 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

You can find all details about the topics of the exam on the exam page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-562&locale=en-us

And you find all topics given there documented inside the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx

So all information required to prepare for the exam is freely available.

And we do not help with the distribution of copyrighted material like copies of books. If you are a student, then maybe the library has the book or at least in germany libraries are connected and you can get a book from another library without problems. Or if you want to buy it: Amazon also has a market for used books. So maybe you get the self-paced training kit very cheap!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Please could you give some free links because i am a college student and am finding it hard to buy the study guide 

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-562): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - ASP.NET

Also as you may know .Net 4.0 certifications are released as well..

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-515&locale=en-us

So you not 4.0 instead of 3.5?

Hope this info helps - Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Monday, August 1, 2011 1:52 PM
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:11 PM
  • thank you ! i know its a copyright issue :) how tough is the exam? i have been learning .net since 2 years now
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:57 PM
  • If you have this experience and always tried to get all out of the technology, then it could be quite easy. But I would always go thorugh the list of topics and make sure that you read all about it and got experience with it. Often you simply do not need some parts in the practice of a job so you can easily miss parts. I am always writing test projects where I play around with the whole technology so I am 100% sure, that I understood everything.

And I am also doubting a little bit: 2 years of experience? You are a student so you are not doing a full time ASP.Net development. So doing much more projects and making sure, that all parts of the technology was covered is really important in my eyes. (As a full time developer it is easier to play around with all parts of the technology - at least I have the luck to have such a job.)

So all this is hard to judge. Maybe you have the knowledge and maybe you miss a lot. So if you could get your hands on the book it would be good to do the small practice test that is on the CD of the book. (I like to do the practice tests of MeasureUp / SelfTestSoftware as part of my preparation. It is always nice to get a feedback that I know all.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:16 PM
    Answerer