How to Export all Data from dynamics crm online 2011 and Re-import RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am having tough time to modify data and re-import them back into Dynamics CRM online 2011 version.

I have imported some 23,000 records from legacy system to CRM online version using Built-in Data Migration tool. Now, as the Requirement changed Many of the Option Set Definition changed (Value), Some fields deleted and some added.

I was following this site http://crmdm.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-export-data-from-crm-2011.html and seems like everything can be handled.

But the biggest issue i have is, i can not export more than 10,000 records from CRM online in Excel file. How can someone over-ride this.

We do not have DB access as it is online. And if requirement changes frequently i have to modify data accordingly, if i would have DB access i could have ran Sql Update Statement.

Can somebody help me if they have ran into this issue before and resolved it.

How can i export ALL Records from an Entity? Once i can export i can change the values in excel as per business req and push them back.

I am STUCK, Please help.

Thanking you all looking into my post. Help will be much appreciated.

Please HELP! Its an urgent issue.

Puneet Joshi - Dynamics CRM Developer

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:37 AM

Answers

• So you have 23,00 records to export, given the 10,000 record limit for an export you'll have to export 10,000, 10,000, and 3,000 to cover all the records. 

If you add a field to the record, lets called 'Exported' - a Boolean field - make sure this field appears in your list of fields that get exported.

Now do your query and add a criteria that 'Exported' Equals False.

The first time through you will get all 23,000 records, you will be able to export 10,000. Export the 10,000 and make you changes but also set 'Exported' to True.

Re-import

Now repeat the process, now you should have 13,000 records left

Repeat the process until all records have been exported and updated.

Jason Lattimer

• Marked as answer by Puneet Joshi Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:25 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:57 PM

All replies

• This might be of some help:

Increasing Microsoft Excel Export Limit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online

Otherwise you could create a temporary field and export a batch, set the temporary field to something during the re-import, then exclude records with that field marked in your next query and you should get through all the records in a 3 tries. Not ideal, but it should allow you to track which records you've already worked on. 

Jason Lattimer

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:32 AM
  • Thanks Jason, to share the link.. but if it not a option for me, Can you explain a little your second approach ... i quite did not understand that ... please help.

Monday, September 17, 2012 5:43 PM
  • So you have 23,00 records to export, given the 10,000 record limit for an export you'll have to export 10,000, 10,000, and 3,000 to cover all the records. 

If you add a field to the record, lets called 'Exported' - a Boolean field - make sure this field appears in your list of fields that get exported.

Now do your query and add a criteria that 'Exported' Equals False.

The first time through you will get all 23,000 records, you will be able to export 10,000. Export the 10,000 and make you changes but also set 'Exported' to True.

Re-import

Now repeat the process, now you should have 13,000 records left

Repeat the process until all records have been exported and updated.

Jason Lattimer

• Marked as answer by Puneet Joshi Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:25 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:57 PM
  • Sounds like it can be. I will try it out and let you know if anything goes wrong.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:25 PM
  • Contact Microsoft Dynamics Support and ask for the ModifyMaxExportTool. They will get back to you and then send you the tool and instructions. The tool allows you to change the maximum number of records that can be exported to Excel to a value of your choosing. It works with both on-premise systems and CRM Online.

Cheers,
    John

Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:59 PM