Windows Media Connect and UPnP RRS feed

• Question

•  

MS used Windows Media Connect version 2.0 to enable media streaming in Windows Home Server,I have two problems about this.

1. when I use Intel UPnP Tools to check it, find it list two upnp device in my whs, One is WHS, it has the service(urn:microsoft-comTongue Tiedervice:QUPnPDeviceService:1), what's its function? the other is WHS:1:Windows Media Connect, it have the service(urn:microsoft.comTongue Tiedervice:X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar:1) except the two common upnp services(ConnectManager and ContentDirectory), what's its function?

2. when I use the invoke the browse action in WHS:1:Windows Media Connect using Intel UPnP Tools, it told me the access denied. So I think maybe need to be authorized. But I don't know how to do it in WHS.I turn on the media sharing

setting in Console, but it still can't browse the share media using UPnP. in WHS, it is bind the WMP 10, I know in WMP11, user can authorize who can access the media shared by WMP11. but I can't find the same setting in WMP10.

Can you tell me how can I browse the share media in WHS by UPnP? thanks.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:43 AM

All replies

• Probably you need to enable the guest account. 

Please read Media Sharing. If this doen't answer your question please post again

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 12:42 PM