none
Microsoft 'TechMela 2007' Kicks Off RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft India's much-hyped technology event, 'TechMela 2007' kicked off in Mumbai yesterday, promising a fusion of the latest technologies, technical expertise, and structured learning experiences.

For the first time, a big forum like 'TechMela 2007' will be addressing multiple audiences simultaneously, which includes both developers/designers/IT professionals as well as technology/business decision makers, making for a high quality interface/exchange among the more than 2,000 expected attendees at the four-day tech fest.

The first day started out with an address by a high-placed panel comprising Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman of Microsoft India; Steve Guggenheimer, General Manager of Microsoft's Application Platform and Development; Sam Pitroda, Chairman of the National Knowledge Commission; and Tarun Gulati, General Manager of Microsoft India's Developer and Platform Evangelism.

As part of the opening speeches, Tarun Gulati said that 'TechMela 2007' promises to be the biggest technology event from Microsoft, bringing together the best of IT minds.

Gulati said this is the perfect platform for technology professionals to meet and discuss the latest technologies with experts from Microsoft and from the industry. It is also a means for Microsoft to continue their endeavor to educate the IT community about their current and upcoming products, and showcase how these could maximize productivity.

Both Ravi Venkatesan and Steve Guggenheimer spoke about current IT trends and Microsoft's Gen-Next Web offering, its role in unified communication, and a host of other software solutions including mobile and embedded devices.

Guggenheimer showcased Microsoft's new offerings, including Silverlight, Windows Server code-named Longhorn, and Expression Media Encoder.

But the main highlight of day one was Sam Pitroda's keynote address. Speaking at length about the role of IT in the growth of the country, he pointed out some of the key areas where the country lacks infrastructure, including e-education, e-governance, and e-democracy.

He suggested that big IT companies like Microsoft should come forward and tap the country's rich knowledge resources to enable growth in all sectors.

Microsoft 'TechMela 2007' which is being simulcast on the company's Web site, saw the presence of Microsoft partners including Motorola, AMD, Satyam computer, Nortel, Accenture, and so on. Their presence was felt at the numerous stalls showcasing the latest products of the respective companies.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 2:44 PM

All replies

• Nice one, thanks.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

I just arrived to hotel after this event.

It was one of the best time i ever could imagine as "tons of professionals talking technology in the direction of future". Everything was fantastic there. I must thank you Microsoft India and the team working behind it for the event they have done in Mumbai. Attention was paid to every part of IT, like things which are being developed and used across the industry to make future in focus with core technical stuffs... I came up with lot of things, not only for my company but also for my team. Now I am more clear to make future of my team and company with Microsoft technologies and I think that is worth.

I must thank the evangelists and other speakers who have given every answer the delegates were having by the time. Guys, make sure you don't forget to attend next event by Feb-27 with the launch of "VSTS (Orcas), SQL Server '08 and Windows Server'08...

It was also a great feeling to meet up experts within deligates. I found many solutions which saved couple of weeks' research for me and my team. I feel there should be a forum/blog regarding every event like TechMela where deligates can be in communication with each other as long as they wish;  .

DON'T MISS ANY MORE EVENTS LIKE THIS PALS IF U DID THIS TIME...

AND YES, IT CONCLUDED WITH MTV PARTY..... with the band called "AGNEE".... the fantstic one...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Capacity Building is always needed as there is no going back", Smile

Saturday, June 16, 2007 4:54 PM