Windows Security Pop Up RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get to a secure website (ESET) to download their antivirus software I purchased.  When I click the link provided by ESET to download the software, a pop up window is enabled that says:

Windows Security

The server download.eset.com at ESET Smart Security requires a username and password.

Warning:  This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

I have Windows 7 64-bit installed on my computer. I also get this same message trying to install on my daughter's laptop with Windows 7 installed.

• Moved by Jim Groves Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:00 AM (From:Rights Management Services)
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:18 PM

Answers

• This forum is specifically intended to answer questions and answers pertaining to Rights Management Services in Windows Server. It's not a general security forum.

You'll probably get a better answer if you post your question in the Windows 7 Security forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprosecurity/threads.

Good luck!

Jim Groves Sr. Technical Writer, Server & Cloud Division, Microsoft
    • Marked as answer by Jim Groves Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:15 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:15 AM