Windows Home Server Console RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to run the Windows Home Server Console, all I get is the Blue Screen.  I ran the Connector Troubleshooter tool, which reported "The version of the Connector software does not match the version of Windows Home Server."  I did not find a Windows Home Server folder on this computer.  I reinstalled the Connector Software.  Still get the Blue Screen.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    if you log in to your Windows Home Server (locally or via Remote Desktop), can you access the console there?
    Which version does it show in Settings/Resources?
    Is your server home built or an OEM model?
    Check, if the folder Home Server Connector Software in the software share on your server exists and is up to date (according to file dates of the msi files).
    If you are logged in to your server, you can try to execute C:\WHS\ConnectorInstallAssistant.cmd, which should repair that folder.
    Check the event log of client and server for related error messages and post them here, if necessary.
    Do you have only one client or does this happen with multiple clients?
    The connector troubleshooter gives a false alert, since it is not aware, that not all files of Windows Home Server got updated version numbers with the last patches.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 19, 2009 1:40 PM