Auto Logon. not working. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Was wondering if someone can give me more insight into why my auto logon feature will not work.

I am using OCS 2007 Standard.

I have my "A" record and _sipinternaltls on 5061 configured. for the pool.

I tried configuring TCP logon and I acn logong fine using TCP.

What am i missing here?

Friday, September 14, 2007 10:07 PM

All replies

• What error message do you get?

Friday, September 14, 2007 10:55 PM
  •  

Error message is "Cannot sign in, becase the server is temporarily unavailable. contact your administrator....."
    Friday, September 14, 2007 11:31 PM
  • Check the client's Application Event log - when Communicator fails to logon, it can write a more detailed error message in the event log. That event will give you more details and can include stuff like DNS failures or Certificate failures.

Hope this helps!

Thomas
    Saturday, September 15, 2007 10:33 AM
  • If you select Manual Configuration and enter your servers, are they able to log in?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:37 PM
  •  

yes i can logon fine through TCP on manual config.

but these are the errors that i receive on auto logon.  I have my SRV and A records setup fine.  For some reason it looks on the other domain when set to auto logon.

1st error -

Communicator was unable to resolve the DNS hostname of the login server sip.xxxx.ca.

Resolution:

If you are using manual configuration for Communicator, please check that the server name is typed correctly and in full. If you are using automatic configuration, the network administrator will need to double-check the DNS A record configuration for sip.xxx.ca because it could not be resolved.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

2nd error -

Communicator was unable to resolve the DNS hostname of the login server sipinternal.xxxx.ca.

Resolution:

If you are using manual configuration for Communicator, please check that the server name is typed correctly and in full. If you are using automatic configuration, the network administrator will need to double-check the DNS A record configuration for sipinternal.xxxx.ca because it could not be resolved.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:45 PM
  • Autologin happens based on the domain of your SIP address.  If my SIP address is user@domain.com, then I must have an SRV record in domain.com with the appropriate information.  The A record does not need to be in the same domain since you are using TCP.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:12 PM