none
Problem creating Voice Response Workflow Application RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had a problem creating a VR Workflow Application?  The problem I have is that I can't save the Prompt Project that is created with the solution.  The Project Path for the prompt project is "C:\Documents and Settings\dcluck\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\VoiceResponseWorkflowApplication1\VoiceResponseWorkflowApplication1Prompts\" but my Visual Studio default path is "U:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects".  Even if I save the solution I can't save this other project.  If I try to save the project I get "The project file can only be saved into the project location."  If I try to run the application in the output window I get "failed to create output folder".  I have even tried to save the solution to the local drive with no luck.  The project path for the prompt project is always the one listed above no matter what I do.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:02 PM

Answers

•  

The output location of the build is independent of where the project is located unless you have a relative path. 

The 'Project Path' property in the properties window maps to the exact location of the .prj file. If you dettach the project from the solution, change the location of the .prj file to say "C:\temp\myPrompts.prj" and reattach the project from "C:\Temp" to the solution, the 'Project Path' property should reflect the location. I tried it on my box and that what the behaviour was.

Is this is the same thing you are trying to do? Sorry of I am not able to catch it.

Sujeet

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:00 PM

All replies

• You can surely change the build output location of the prompts project( output is a .prompts file). Right click on the project-->properties and change the output path.

Now in your case when it says, "Cannot create output folder", did you check if it not a permission issue.

Sujeet

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:59 AM
  • Even though I right click and change the project path it does not change the path in the properties windows of the project.  It does change in the properties dialog it is just not reflected in the properties window.  I still can't save the project.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:06 PM
  • I got the project to save by creating the folders it wanted to save into under the temp projects.  I still can't change the project location no matter what I try.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:22 PM
  •  

The output location of the build is independent of where the project is located unless you have a relative path. 

The 'Project Path' property in the properties window maps to the exact location of the .prj file. If you dettach the project from the solution, change the location of the .prj file to say "C:\temp\myPrompts.prj" and reattach the project from "C:\Temp" to the solution, the 'Project Path' property should reflect the location. I tried it on my box and that what the behaviour was.

Is this is the same thing you are trying to do? Sorry of I am not able to catch it.

Sujeet

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:00 PM
  • I had this same exact problem. Called it into Microsoft and they did confirm this is a problem.

Work around:

First, create a new folder that will house your project files. (For example: C:\Development\VRWorkflow
    Then, create a new VRWork flow project in VS2005.
    When you get the dialog box that prompts you to create the Grammar, Prompt, etc files, you need to specify a path for the last one which is the Prompt database and it should look like this: C:\Development\VRWorkflow\VRWorkflowPrompts
    Once your files are created, click the save all button and your project will save. CLOSE THE PROJECT.
    Locate the .SLN file for your project, open it up in Notepad and add the fullpath to the VRWorkflowPrompts.PrProj line which should look like this: C:\Development\VRWorkflow\VRWorkflowPrompts.PrProj.

You should now be able to modify, run and save your project.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 1:06 PM