2.1 Slow and Hangs Up RRS feed

• Question

• I am very disappointed in Microsoft's implementation of SyncToy 2.1.  As instructed, I first sync'd all my folders using 2.0.  Then I installed 2.1.  In trying to run 2.1, I am finding that the software is slow and hangs on certain files.  Three times, it has stopped.  The first time I ran it, it got hung up on some software data files in my User profile.  Now it is hung up on a not-in-use Outlook PST file. 

Is there any fix for this? 
    Mitch 
    Monday, November 16, 2009 11:41 PM

All replies

• Same thing happened to me (see earlier thread). I ALSO noticed that when SyncToy would hang on something, my CPU went to 100% and its fan turned on HIGH, which is a warning of potential overheating. Even though I uninstalled and went back to 2.0, it still happened. So now I can't use SyncToy at all.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Hi Mitch,
          I am sorry for your bad experience, but I want to get more details about your problem for helping resolve your problem.
    As you said, with the same scenario you met the slow and hangs up problem wiht SyncToy 2.1, have you run SyncToy 2.0, how about 2.0?
    Did the same problem showed up? BTW, what is the OS you used and which version synctoy 2.1, x64 or x86?

Thanks,
    Ping 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:29 AM
  • Same issue here. Syncing between local and NAS. Windows Vista SP2. SyncToy 2.0 (x86) worked fine. Upgraded to SyncToy 2.1 (x86). SyncToy is now extremely slow and barely unusable.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:20 AM
  • Thanks for your response, Ping.  I never had a problem with 2.0, which I have used for years.  My problems only occurred since I upgraded to 2.1.  I am running Vista home premium on an x86 machine.

Mitch
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:48 PM
  • It is a little wired, as I am sure, it will work well on vista(x86) with 32bit Synctoy.
    I will try to repro your problem, and if it is possible, could you share me the log when that happened? Change value to Verbose for configure setting SyncToyTraceLevel in file C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToy.config.
               <add name="SyncToyTraceLevel" value="Verbose" />

What special is for your folder pairs with this problem? I noticed you said, a "not-in-use Outlook PST file", when you run sync with synctoy, did you just run after close outlook, as you know, the OS sometimes will not release the file handler immediately after you close the application.

For now, the suggestion for all of you, should be uninstall synctoy and remove the Synchronize Framework componets, there are two entries in Control Panel\Programs and Features. Try to remove all of them, if there are the other two v1.0 one too. Then re install synctoy2.1 with the download pakage, hope this time it will work well.

Thanks,
    Ping

Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:00 AM
  • Ping,

Thanks for the advice and for trying to assist.  Eventually, the sync runs and completes, it just takes time.  It does seem to hang on not-in-use PST files.  By that I mean files that are not open in Outlook.  In other words, I have a main PST that is open and a few other PSTs that store old info and which I do not keep opened and which are completely closed in Outlook. 

To be honest, there are many other options for synchronizing files these days.  When I read about the SyncToy upgrade and that it had a CRITICAL warning requiring the user to sync first with the old version, warning bells went off for me.  That is nust a poor way to push out an upgrade.  As a result, that fact that it is causing me problems comes as no surprise.  Rather than spend time trying to troubleshoot this problem, I prefer to spend time finding a new solution. 

Thanks again for your assistance.

Mitch
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:38 PM
  • I had the same issue with SyncToy 2.1. It was consistently slow. I use x64 version on x64 Vista.

I even have vs2008 profiler vsp report in case MS is interested. I attached profiler during Preview(!) operation some time after it started processing a 684 MB file missing on one side and detached when it was still processing this same file. Report is here http://cid-426a28134ae1a56c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/XShare/Report091120.zip 

Now I have more details and I also know how to fix the problem (it works for me). If there is some difference between folders in the pair and you actually sync it and wait (long) until sync is complete, the next time the problem is not there. It's fixed for this particular pair.

My guess is that SyncToy 2.1 upgrade procedure is incomplete and this causes issues until real sync is performed on that folder pair.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:04 PM
  • Hi all,

My 2.1 is very very very slow as well. I did the sync with the 2.0 in just few minutes, then I upgraded to 2.1 and I did my afternoon of work. Now I'm trying to sync again but it takes 30+ minutes to do the same job as before it did in 5- minutes...

Running under Vista SP2 x86.

I'll be glad if you know anyway to fix that issue... or maybe the next time I'll use it it's gonna be faster ??...

Thanks.

Friday, November 20, 2009 4:40 PM
  • my 2.1 slows to a stop after a few hours.

I'm syncing approx 1.8 TB of data to a 3TB NAS.
    Synctoy appears to be using less then 15% CPU processor power and less then 36mb of ram.
    bandwidth monitor shows barely any traffic going to the NAS.

Synctoy is currently... looking for changes in this one folder of my NAS. Before it was looking for changes on my local drive.
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:45 AM
  • I find the same performance problems with ver2.1, that is, it hangs on certain files or folders -- if I eliminate the specific problem files or folders from the backup, everything else proceeds quickly to completion.  Don't see anything special about the files/folders that are causing the problems -- one was a PDF file in its own folder, another was a backup copy of a Password Safe file in a folder with several other backups of the same kind, a third was a jpg in a folders with hundreds of jpgs -- and all had been backed up earlier with ver2.0.  Did notice that when ver2.0 had a problem with a file, it flagged an error and continued with the backup, while ver2.1 never flagged any errors but stalled.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 2:39 AM
  • Yes! I also have a problem with SyncToy 2.1 freezing on certain folders. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I used to have SyncToy 2.0 and everything was working just fine. Now that Ive upgraded to 2.1, I am having this annoying problem. Ive tried uninstalling 2.1 then reinstalling 2.0 but that doesn't work...now 2.0 is freezing on these folders! I hope someone comes up with a solution soon. More importantly, I hope this doesnt comprimise our data in any way...
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:39 AM
  • Thanks everyone for reporting those issues, could you please help us nail down this issue by enabling verbose tracing as Ping suggested and share it to us ?

Change value to Verbose for configure setting SyncToyTraceLevel in file C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToy.config.
               <add name="SyncToyTraceLevel" value="Verbose" />

also just want to let you know that we are also trying to repro this issue at work with the info provided in this thread so far, we will update this thread once we get the issue repro-ed and investigated.

thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Yunwen

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:01 PM
  • Hi,

I'm using SyncToy for 3 folderpairs. After updating to 2,1 all 3 folder pairs freeze when running SyncToy.

I changed the value in the configure settings as mentioned, that doesn't work either.

SyncToy is now almost an hour trying to ad an action for 1 file ( using 50% CPU and 18.000 kB memory )

My OS is Windows XP
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:58 AM
  • Same here, installed on 2 different computers running XP 64 and Vista 32, syncyng with other XP 64 and Vista 64.

SyncToy 2.0 was working perfectly, while 2.1 hangs on some folders for no reason. Works, but it takes longer than 2.0.
    I can't see any special file in those folders. Just data files.

In my opinion is something to do with the new sync framework if going back to 2.0 still hangs.

I'll turn on the verbose and see what happens.

--- Update

The only thing Verbose shows, is that after the scanning was complete, it took 13 minutes to show the Preview result.

SYNC: 01/06/2010 19:14:33:843: Scanning Complete : 13821 Files Found, 1296 Directories Found, 26706832018 Total File Size
    SYNC: 01/06/2010 19:14:33:843: Stopped scanning directory : Z:\workpool\Showroom\
    SYNC: 01/06/2010 19:26:21:234: Preview of Showroom XPS (Z:\workpool\Showroom\, C:\workpool\Showroom\) in time 00:13:09:109.
    SyncToy action was 'Synchronize'
    Found 3 actions to perform.

For those 13 minutes, the Synctoy window was showing the message "Adding an action for <filename>".

Rob
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:08 AM
  • I had no problems until yesterday, when SyncToy (2.0 as far as I am aware - I haven't upgraded) decided to stop working with just the same issues as you guys - .pst files hanging and so on.
    I'm on XP, the preview takes forever, and I do 'contribute' to by backup drive.
    I've taken the .pst off the backup files list, but starting it running just sets the fan whirring away but the lights claim that the hard drive is doing nothing. CPU claims 50%, same as system idle process. The green 'running' line does not even start moving across the screen.

I'm two minutes away from returning to drag'n'drop and sod Microsoft.......
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:23 AM
  • Have same issue. Program hangs on certain files. Deleted the files from both directories, removed the dat files from both directories, deleted all frameworks, deleted all versions of SyncToy, reinstalled 2.1 and had the same problem with the deleted files! It found non-existent files and hung anyway. Did same procedure again only this time installed 2.0. Now it hangs,  Grrrr  ....
    • Proposed as answer by noixdarec Sunday, November 1, 2015 8:14 AM
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:16 PM
  • I too have the same issue. The sync is taking toooo long. I installed windows 7 from scratch a few days ago (64bit) and downloaded and installed the latest version of SyncToy (2.1 64bit). I think we should all start looking for alternatives if this doesnt get fixed soon.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:19 AM
  • FYI, the first time I used this new version, then I had this hang up. But now it's ok and it works normally.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:01 AM
  • Guys,

anybody ever checked - why the metadata files are created on the remote destination and not on the local computer? When using "ProcessMonitor", I can see that a file called "\\x.x.x.x\pd_andreas$\Personal Files\Desktop\FSPC8E4E7F68ACD481DAF7DE59670699E89.tmp" gets constantly opened, closed etc. I'm not sure why this needs to happen remotely (that's not very sensible for performance - assuming the destination is across a network).

Hope this helps,
    Andreas
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:56 PM
  • I'm having the same problem....any fix yet?? I have tried everything suggested here, and still no luck. We're going on several months without an update here.
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:06 AM
  • hoeveel jaar is je pc f laptop

een keer vijf jaar gaat hij stukken trager

groetjes jan

jan goffart
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:19 PM
  • wan step instal windouws clean up

en you ken sie

dan you pc is rapit

not zo slow

jan goffart
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:20 PM
  • Hi Guys,

SyncToy 2.1 and Vista x86 premium SP2 and more than 17000 files to maintain with a lot of directories

I remark that the process got 50% of CPU Quadcore time to do only a... copy (echo mode) Incredible isnt'it ?

I supressed the option "Save Overwritten files in Recycle Bin" (see change options) and it runs fast now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:Another problem it's the fact that we cannot choose between creation / delete / update after Preview process when we have so much files to process.

ByeBye

Sunday, May 9, 2010 3:43 PM
  • Ping, are you still working on this issue? I have removed 2.1, deleted everything that i could find that sounded like synctoy, and put 2.0 back on expecting it would be back to the old speed again. Far from the truth. Interestingly the previously fast Synctoy 2.0 is now as slow as 2.1. A folder pair that used to take less than a minute to do a preview now takes hours. It starts fast but then slows down to snail speed.

I am very happy to assist if you are still interested. Please let me know.

Cheers
    Meini

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:52 PM
  •  

MICROSOFT PLEASE UPDATE THIS THREAD, This issue is important and causes very long sync delays...

You probably reproduced the BUG by now... If not many users will be glad to give you more informations!!!

Please keep up the good work with sync toy!!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 3:39 AM
  • >why the metadata files are created on the remote destination and not on the local computer? When using "ProcessMonitor", I can see that a file >called "\\x.x.x.x\pd_andreas$\Personal Files\Desktop\FSPC8E4E7F68ACD481DAF7DE59670699E89.tmp" gets constantly opened, closed etc. I'm not >sure why this needs to happen remotely (that's not very sensible for performance - assuming the destination is across a network).

100% agree with you. This is why there is a permanent ethernet traffic with my NAS during pre-sync with never more than 200-250kb/s for more than one hour ! This TMP file is a strange idea and I am not sure that a Linux-operated NAS handles this correctly (Western Digital 1T for me).

Schneider Electric Industries France
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 12:18 PM
  • I have the same issue in 2.1 - tolerably fast with usb drives but as soon as I try syncing with a mapped drive on another server across our internal network, it slows then hangs.

Looking forward to a fix or a workaround!
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem

SYNC: 07/16/2010 22:41:28:100: Started scanning directory : D:\archives\

SYNC: 07/16/2010 22:41:28:101: Started scanning directory : \\kevin\e$\Archives\

SYNC: 07/16/2010 22:42:35:884: Scanning Complete : 15951 Files Found, 2272 Directories Found, 2508930702 Total File Size

SYNC: 07/16/2010 22:42:35:894: Stopped scanning directory : \\kevin\e$\Archives\

it seems to scan the files pretty quick, but it's far from over at that point, that's when the real pain starts... it appears to be stuck on "looking for change in <last folder>"

it appears to be updating (or recreating) some "SyncToy_cddxxa6b-xxe8-4xx8-bxxc-366e9xxxx9c.dat" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0

after that it's stuck on "adding actions for <modified file>"

and when i'm finally ready to run all the action, that takes forever as well....

I guess i should have kept my old xp laptop...

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:03 PM
  • Drives me crazy as well. When syncing with folders on a mapped network drive (with which I access a file server at home), it can become painstakingly slow. I made sure that the combined path/file names are always smaller than 256 chars, that the file names do not contain non-standard (e.g. Japanese) chars, and I tried to empty my local recycle bin and also tested with the SyncToy options of excluding read-only, system, and hidden files.

It starts fast but soon becomes very very slow with I/O Bytes of less than 1 kB/s.

Monday, July 19, 2010 11:02 AM
  • Whisper it quietly: "SyncBack"
    Monday, July 19, 2010 11:05 AM
  • Before I decided to go for SyncToy, I had a quick look into SyncBack as well.

My impression with SyncBack was that it doesn't log the last sync and that it therefore cannot distinguish whether a file was added on one side, or deleted on the other. By default, it would thus add (i.e. 'undelete') the file on the side where it does not exist, and this is not what I am searching for.
    Or did I miss some settings?

Another alternative for true syncing is 'Allway Sync', but this is shareware and costs 20 USD.

SyncToy would be just perfect, was it not unusable for me because of this slowness-bug or would it still be maintained by Microsoft (judging from this thread, it is not any more).

Monday, July 19, 2010 11:38 AM
  • Hmm, I now did the following: Deleted both synctoy files in the respective directories, deleted the folder pair and create it again. The first run was slow, naturally (I kept it running over night), but now it works like it should.
    • Proposed as answer by glientsc Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:15 AM
  • Is there any solution (fix) to this problem from Microsoft yet? I'm surprised there's no word on this from MS yet! I'm trying to use 2.1 x64 version on win 7 to copy (contribute) files to my WHS and it's taking a lot of time (I think it's stuck). Only this I see, is, the "System" is taking almost all the CPU on the WHS server machine. When I kill the synctoy on my Win7, the CPU stays idle on the WSH. Very weird.

Did anybody open an issue on MS Connect? If not, I'll do it after posting this.

Monday, December 20, 2010 4:43 PM
  • Hello MS!

Any update on this issue? I have two 1Tb drives internal drives on an XP system, one as primary storage and the as backup. Total file count about 300K files. I'm suffering the same as these guys, Synctoy 2.1 appears to die for hours at certain files. It eventially starts its actions but then gets it wrong. If Syntoy is being heralded as a something to provided safety and comfort to its users, its not doing so. I'd like to use it but I cant rely on it so tomorrow I'll look for something else and will only revist Synctoy when its fixed.

Monday, January 3, 2011 8:57 PM
  • I couldn't open a bug on MS connect as Synctoy is not listed there. As there's no response from Microsoft, people might want to consider using Synkron. http://synkron.sourceforge.net/ Although, it also shows some issues on Win7/x64, at least, it's working.

It's a shame that Synctoy is (was) such a nice tool but is completely unsupported from the creators.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hello MS!

Any update on this issue? I have two 1Tb drives internal drives on an XP system, one as primary storage and the as backup. Total file count about 300K files. I'm suffering the same as these guys, Synctoy 2.1 appears to die for hours at certain files. It eventially starts its actions but then gets it wrong. If Syntoy is being heralded as a something to provided safety and comfort to its users, its not doing so. I'd like to use it but I cant rely on it so tomorrow I'll look for something else and will only revist Synctoy when its fixed.

I have almost this EXACT issue...two 1 Tb external drives.  One directory, containing a total number of files is in the ~500k range, taking up about 0.3 Tb one one drive.  I'd like SyncToy to synch this to another drive.  Running Windows XP.  SyncToy hangs up whether I preview or run.   Always it says "Adding an action for...".  I've tried letting it sit for *36 hours* and it still didn't complete previewing.  

It's too bad, because I've run SyncToy version 1 on another XP machine, and 2.1 on a Vista machine.  But in no case have I ever seen this freeze up problem.  Shouldn't MicroSoft either fix this or just pull the plug and say they can't and SyncToy is dead?

Friday, January 21, 2011 2:22 PM
  • I'm having a similar problem.  Backing up to an internal 1TB drive on Win7 machine with 8gb of ram.  Synctoy hangs at various stages of the backup.  It eventually comes out and finishes but it could be days later.  I have a second machine with the same specs doing the same type of backup and that one works fine.  On the problem machine my 8gb of ram is totally maxed out when Synctoy hangs.  CPU's are running at about 75%.  It looks like this thread is over a year old with no resolution.   Frustrating.
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:01 PM
  • Hi Guys,

SyncToy 2.1 and Vista x86 premium SP2 and more than 17000 files to maintain with a lot of directories

I remark that the process got 50% of CPU Quadcore time to do only a... copy (echo mode) Incredible isnt'it ?

I supressed the option "Save Overwritten files in Recycle Bin" (see change options) and it runs fast now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:Another problem it's the fact that we cannot choose between creation / delete / update after Preview process when we have so much files to process.

ByeBye

Win 7 64x. SyncToy 2.1. Had similar problem as TC and others. Quoted message from rocknweb fixed it for me.

Sync toy had been working up till I reorganized one of the 500GB drives in a pair. After that, it could never finish a sync to the other drive without locking up. Even got a few errors at some times. Tried 4 times and then started searching the web and found this thread.

When I read above quoted message , I checked my recycle bin and found it was having 21,439 items (49 GB), which included all kinds of stuff I had moved around on the main drive.

So I also disabled "Save Overwritten files in Recycle Bin" option for the pair. Did a new sync. Fixed my problems. Hope it helps more people.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:53 PM
  • Hmm and sorry for bumping this old running thread. It is simply one that comes up first thing when you google on 'synctoy', 'hang' an 'slow'. Noticed only later this issue was covered in the faq for SyncToy 2.0, which I didn't got to read since I already found the answer inside here and wanted to share that :)
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:25 PM
  • synctoy 2.1 (x64) is running so slow.

Syncing visual studio 2010 solutions is so slow (hangs on pdb files in the debug folder and on some .cs files).

any fix for that? :( (already running for 4hours for one solution which is only 10MB in size -_- )

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Turn off the option to save overwritten files to the recycle bin.  It appears to have a major memory leak when this option is on (growing to 2GB+, thrashing windows like crazy, etc.).  I turned that option off and it seems to sit at 18,756 K while syncing happily at full speed with no pauses, freezes, or slowdowns.
    Friday, July 8, 2011 11:46 PM
  • I had synctoy 2.1 hanging 100% of the time . Previous versions worked fine.  I changed the options as follows:

• select the files *.* (instead of the * which is there by default) (I think this did the trick)
    • unchecked and checked the "save overwritten files to the recycle bin"

After which everything ran smoothly once more.  I suppose it is a typical Microsoft product:  I didn't find anything where the new version contained an improvement, but it does have some new bugs.

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:16 PM
  • Tried this changing the "select files" to *.*, which I noticed it does not retain - defaults back to *,

and unchecked the "save overwritten files to the recycle bin" and it's still hanging.  I'm assuming there's no reg hacks or config files to manipulate for this.....

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:38 PM
  • I tried changing the save overwritten files to recycle bin option, and it still hangs with me too.  It goes fast at first, but gets slower and slower then stops in the "Adding an action for".  It will run for days eating up my CPU.  I have SyncToy 2.1, on Win 7 64 bit - it is not usable.  I'm going to have to remove this and look for another backup alternative.

SyncToy doesn't seem supported by MS, and is just a massive waste of time trying to get it to work, and it is never going to.

Monday, November 28, 2011 12:14 AM
  • Same problem here too (v2.1 on Win7-64, using Echo across local HDs).  It will just hang on random files for a long time with max CPU usage, then carries on for a bit a normal speed.  This happens both for adding actions and actually copying the files.  Would love to see this fixed.

On another note, I really want to see a proper messagbox you have to OK if any part of the backup failed.  The red results (which are the only indication) are easily missed if you're in a rush, and it can be a disaster! I once lost a ton of crucial work because I missed that the backup didn't fully succeed as it ran out of space, and then the HD with the originals died.

• Edited by a2B Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:44 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:43 PM
  • Wow, looks like same issue has existed for some time. I'm wanting to use SyncToy with WHS 2011 as a file backup mechanism since WHS 2011 limits backups to only 2TB.
     I have this issue too, although it seems there's no workaround or fix yet!?
    • Edited by MarkBx Friday, March 9, 2012 4:45 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Can't beleive there is still no updated product or solution from Microsoft for this.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:00 PM
  • The recycle bin trick worked for me. Figured it out on my own, I thought I was special until I found someone else had done it!

Monday, April 23, 2012 10:25 PM
  • I too, disabled the "save deleted files in recycle bin."  It was hanging on a delete operation, using all memory, and forcing me to power cycle my PC.  I've been getting only partial synch's for months now, and finally looked this up. I get errors for long file names and strange characters in file names, but those were easy to deal with.  The memory consumption was a pain.
    Sunday, May 6, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Almost 5 years on and still no solution?!?
    Monday, October 20, 2014 2:32 PM
  • I copied what many people have done in this thread: Under "Change Options" I unchecked "Save Overwritten files in Recycle Bin". This solved the lockup problem I was having with SyncToy v2.1 on Win7,
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 2:19 PM
  • Have same issue. Program hangs on certain files. Deleted the files from both directories, removed the dat files from both directories, deleted all frameworks, deleted all versions of SyncToy, reinstalled 2.1 and had the same problem with the deleted files! It found non-existent files and hung anyway. Did same procedure again only this time installed 2.0. Now it hangs,  Grrrr  ....

[Fixed for me] I had the same issue, after deleting the folder pair in question and recreating one (with the same name), it syncs without problem, the sync speed is also quite hight (1115 files in 3 sec.). I didn't delete any target or source file. Recreating the pair works for me. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit with Synctoy 2.1 64 bit.

• Edited by noixdarec Sunday, November 1, 2015 8:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yomoons Saturday, May 21, 2016 3:20 PM
    Sunday, November 1, 2015 8:19 AM
  • I have had the same issue with v2.1 on my 64bit Win machine running Win7.  Same issue as above, starts fast and then bogs down.  I noticed that the bog always started when the backup reached files in one particular folder.  On my Right folder, I manually copied that folder to the same 'Right' backup drive but not within the Synctoy folder tree,  and deleted the orig folder from that Right backup.  I did the same to those folders on my Left (original) drive.  I also used the aforementioned 'turn off "save deleted files in recycle bin."' trick.

Now my backups are back to their original fast speed.  I had tried this same technique with just the individual files that I saw Synctoy stall on consistently, but when I did, the stall just happened on another file within that same folder.  Anyhow, all the posts here helped me figure out this work-around, although it does require some manual work on your part.

Saturday, May 21, 2016 3:30 PM
  • f_u_cK you MICROSOFT W10 PIECE OF SHIT
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:27 AM