Windows Live Onecare does not give option to "Restore files from a local backup" RRS feed

• Question

• I have Live Onecare spoke PC's on my network backing up to a network share (local (not external) HD on my primary PC which is also a hub PC).  If one of my PC's being backed up were to fail,  I want to be able to restore it's backed up files using Live Onecare on the primary (hub) PC from it's local copy of data.  However, the help files say to choose the option to "Restore files from a local backup" and I don't have that option.  I have also tried adding the location as a network share and that doesn't work either.  I only have the option to restore from CD/DVD and Network Location.

What gives?  This backup solution is worthless if I cannot restore a failed PC's files.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

UPDATE:  I found out when choosing to add a network location, you cannot specify the full path to the backup folder, you cannot include any of the LiveOnecare folders in the path to the backup. Geezhh.  You'd think it would be able to find the data when you're typing in a more accurate path. For example, if the backup folder is \\server\sharename\username\Windows OneCare Backup\computername\, you cannot type that full path or Live Onecare won't find it, you have to simply specify: \\server\sharename\username and let if search the entire folder

However, I still cannot "Restore files from a local backup" because I do not have that option.

• Moved by Kiran Polimetla Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:55 AM Not related to Social Bookmarks Discussion (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:23 PM

Answers