Changing Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I originally had 2 computers that I had configured to backup to a centralized location on the hard drive of the old PC ( Windows XP set as a hub PC).  I have since bought a new PC with Vista operating system and it has a DVD drive so I can backup to the DVD drive on each individually now.  I do not need the centralized location or the hub pc which I have changed to not be a hub PC.  I want to change the backup locations but it gives me an error message on both PC's when I try to make a change.  I did get the old PC backed up to DVDs yesterday, and when I tried to backup to new PC this morning it gave me a message tha the backup had already been configured.  Now it won't let me change or backup either of the PCs.  Once this is corrected I want to remove the centralized location on the Old PC to free up the space.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:24 PM

Answers

• If you still have the XP machine running OneCare, change it back to a Hub and disable the backup settings. Then configure backup individually for the other PCs. If that PC is no longer running OneCare, make one of the new PCs a Hub and reconfigure backup from the Hub, disabling Centralized backup.

-steve

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:54 PM