backup idea [Feature request] RRS feed

• Question

•  

ok so right now there is no way of accessing the data that onecare has backed up unless the computer that you're using has the actual program installed...why do i make this point do you guys ask, well i'll tell you...

1) if you're going to your freinds house and want to dump some files on his computer (you can't do that now unless he has onecare)

2) if i reinstall what if i have an important driver stored on the backup hdd and for some reason can't install onecare or dont want to yet or dont have a subcription anymore?

please add a mini program on the backup hard drive that can access the backup files from computer to computer. thanx

btw im in the perpetual beta so if you want me to post this somewhere else just tell me where... for now i'm to lazy to find where i should post this on connect.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 3:40 AM

Answers

• Post this as a bug "Suggestion" using the Feedback link on Connect once you've signed in.

Strangely, this actually existed in 1.0 on the CD/DVD backups, but never on the hard drive backups in 1.5. Now the exe that runs simply launches the OneCare restore wizard from the PC, hence the need to have OneCare installed on the destination. Not optimal in my opinion.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:15 PM