can't install anything related to live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• Perhaps someone here can help me please,
    I took out subscription on OneCare with 15 days still to go on the free trial, until that point I had no problems whatsoever. It started when I had a yellow icon and tried to open OneCare and it wouldn't open I kept getting the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and had to close. Now it seems it just wont work, I've done everything I can that has been sugested in the help files. I'm no computer whizkid I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall all to no avail, I followed all the instructions about .net framework, deleated every antivirus and firewall until I had no protection at all. Tried to install the cleanup tool but internet explorer encountered a problem and had to close. I've restored my computer way back to 1st April '08 and now can't installOneCare at all. What I get now is Error ID:0044-8007064C. If anyone can help me I'd be most grateful, if not I have just wasted £37.99p on nothing.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced. Use the reset button to restore Internet Explorer to its original state. Use the install cleanup tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2 then install One Care.

If you are still unable to install One Care please contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, April 21, 2008 5:37 PM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply JimR1, unfortunatly it didn't do any good, cleanup still encountered a problem and closed and installation of OneCare was halted with the same error ID as before. Many thanks anyway

Caroline

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:00 PM
  • Caroline, if you can't reach support via the official path in Jim's post...

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste a link to the post to which you are replying. I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:15 PM
  •  

Thanks for that Steve, I have managed to send a message to support (I hope),  anyway, I got a service request number so it's gone somewhere. LOL. Many thanks for your reply
    Monday, April 21, 2008 7:22 PM