none
Re-add Partner affiliation link? RRS feed

• Question

• TL;DR: Partner affiliation on Technet/MSDN profile card disappeared

Here is the history. My account is a personal MPN account. Up until sometime earlier this year, the Partner affiliation had appeared on my profile here on Technet/MSDN Social, as well as next to my name on post signature/attributions.

This seems to have coincided with the creation of the new Partners site.

Is it possible to get the Partner tag to be re-added?

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:17 PM

Answers

• This happened some time ago and after many emails the response I got below;

We found that Partner affiliation was not updated in years, so we were not sure whether it was accurate. In order for us to know partner affiliation, we will need to do code changes to connect to the Partner API. Unfortunately, as the Forums are only in live support, this change does not meet the bar to make those changes. Therefore, we removed the Partner affiliation from MSDN Profile.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:22 PM

All replies

• This happened some time ago and after many emails the response I got below;

We found that Partner affiliation was not updated in years, so we were not sure whether it was accurate. In order for us to know partner affiliation, we will need to do code changes to connect to the Partner API. Unfortunately, as the Forums are only in live support, this change does not meet the bar to make those changes. Therefore, we removed the Partner affiliation from MSDN Profile.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:22 PM
  • Something here might help:

https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/support

https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:24 PM
  • Thanks. I have no problem with the partner sites, and my access to that and the other sites work fine. There will certainly be some growing pains due to the move to Azure for some of them I bet.

But it is good to know that it was just a site wide thing and not because of some email I forgot to reply to or something. :)

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:55 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:00 PM