MSF v2.0 New Features to use with SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• What are the new features in MSF v2.0 that could help me in syncing a SQL Server 2008 database to SQL Express 2008 offline clients using WCF. I've worked with SQL Express custom provider for SQL Express 2005 before, I'm looking for specific answers for the following questions

• Do I require to create SPROC and Triggers to Handle CRUD and Change tracking in Server and Client?
    • Do I require an anchor table?
    • Do I require to change schema and include GUID / Timestamps fields for change tracking?
    • Is there any batching support provided by default?
    Thanks
    ASP.NET 3.5 | jQuery | SQL Server 2005 | LINQ | C# 3.0 | Crystal Reports
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:46 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here are the answers:

• Do I require to create SPROC and Triggers to Handle CRUD and Change tracking in Server and Client?
  • -- The new collaboration database provider, SqlSyncProvider, has provisioning APIs that can create metadata table, SPs and triggers for you automatically. You can use it for both SQL Server and SQL Express databases.

• Do I require an anchor table?
  • -- A metadata table is needed. It stores metadata information of each row.

• Do I require to change schema and include GUID / Timestamps fields for change tracking?
  • -- No

• Is there any batching support provided by default?
  • -- Yes. Please look at link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd918908(SQL.105).aspx

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Monday, November 2, 2009 7:38 PM