none
WebView is not being initialized in Windows UWP App. RRS feed

• Question

• I am adding the simple WebView control to a grid in MainPage.xam file and Launching the app.

The is being launched but stuck at splash-screen itself. The MainPage.xaml is not being initialized properly.

Even in debug mode, there are no errors or runtime exceptions that were occurring.

I cross checked this by launching Microsoft Edge browser and there also I am not able to load any WebPage.

I am using Visual Studio 2017 with 15063 build (Creators Update).

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Saturday, December 9, 2017 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Nanda Velugoti,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, the webview of UWP uwp use the edge as the default engine. If you could not open via Edge, you could not open in UWP as well.

If you want to open in UWP, you need to fix the error of Edge first. Please check the your system. Maybe there is something wrong with your operation system.

For your system errors, you could ask in Microsoft Answers.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/msedge?auth=1

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 1:36 AM