OneCare Support Needs Improvement RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I awoke this Saturday morning to find OneCare giving a generic message of "Urgent, Go to the Help Center, OneCare has encountered a problem and might not be protecting this PC."  Upon trying to go through the support flows I tried email, chat and the phone approach with no luck (perhaps the email approach will make it through but I could not tell).  The product ID would not validate, the diagnostics it ran seemed to work but it would not send it on to your servers (I found the post from Stephen describing how to manually run diagnostics to create the zip file but now the question is where to send that zip file).  The phone solution referenced hours of operation but yet the help screens say 24x7 - there was some cryptic reference to different types of support and other phone numbers (case # 1053918104) - I never did speak with anyone.

While not being detailed technical, I do know my way around a computer but would say the target audience for this type of product is someone with the same or less technical knowledge as myself.  So I have purchased a product that urges me to go get help but the help system is insufficient.  An urgent red warning sign saying your computer might not be protected with no clues how to solve and insufficient help will cause a lot of dis-satisfaction.

Having provided this feedback, I really like the concept and utility of this product as a home tool that really helps me get needed things done without having to spend my time configuring, etc.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Aaron

Thanks for the feedback and flowers, we know that support leaves a lot to be desired and hope that it will be fixed in the near future.

chuck

Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:41 PM
  • AaronG_TX, I certainly agree that the process for reaching support is painful and hope that it is improved very soon.

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 7:53 PM