Serious Error - Driver Conflict Message RRS feed

• Question

• All
    As many as two times a week I come in to find the server has rebooted.  I log in and get the serious error messages which lead to the Microsoft site advising me that there is a driver conflict.  I have no audio card installed, and the audio controlled is disabled because of an unknown device message.  Video etc. are vanilla.  It seems that the reboot happens during the evening backups.  Any thoughts on how to track it down?
    Thanks
    SmackoWV
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:32 PM

Answers

• There should be something recorded in the event logs on your server. Have you checked them?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:35 PM
  • Yes, but they don't seem to help me (a novice).  The error message links do not take me to any fixes and the messages do not seem to have any associated patterns (that I can decipher).
    You could post a couple samples here.  Also, did you look at Device Manager to see if there are any devices with question marks/exclamation points next to them?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:49 AM

All replies

• There should be something recorded in the event logs on your server. Have you checked them?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:35 PM
  • Yes, but they don't seem to help me (a novice).  The error message links do not take me to any fixes and the messages do not seem to have any associated patterns (that I can decipher).
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:06 PM
    You could post a couple samples here.  Also, did you look at Device Manager to see if there are any devices with question marks/exclamation points next to them?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:49 AM