Testing MSCRM Online with VS Studio Ultimate test load RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Im trying to execute a testing senario of creation of account in CRM Online. I create the senario. When I try to execute the senario, two principal equest fail, with the following error:

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Balhinio,

The reason that this is failing is that the webtest doesn't know how to authenticate with Dynamics CRM - the 302 is a redirect to the login page which happens when you request a secured page without any session ticket. There is a performance toolkit (http://dynamics.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/applications/performance-toolkit-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-12884915630) that provides scripts for performing tests against CRM, however it does not support IFD/Claims base authentication - so you will have to write code to handle the authentication session.

Scott

www.develop1.net
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I add on hosts file of the tester server :

XX.XX.XX.XX    login.crmhli.com
    XX.XX.XX.XX    hellocrm.crmhli.com
    XX.XX.XX.XX    cloud.crmhli.com

The senario is valid after detection of dynamic params. I execute the senario every think is fine, but after a moment (few minites) I try to run the senario I get the following error:

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:10 PM
  • I'm guessing that is because your session token has timed out - and you need to re-log in.

www.develop1.net
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:20 PM
    Answerer
  • So the is no way to relod without coding?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:33 AM
  • You would have to do your testing against an On-Prem deployment using Windows Authentication rather than Claims Based.

www.develop1.net
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:08 AM
    Answerer
  • If  I  understand you, you mean that I must test the CRM On-Prem (Without the issue of ADFS). If I do this, is the result of testing CRM will be realistic?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:20 AM
  • It depends on what you are trying to test really.

If you are running performance tests - then your tests obviously won't be accurate - but I don't think you should be running stress tests against CRM online anyway.

www.develop1.net
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:36 AM
    Answerer
  • At the end I want to test CRM as a platform and observing what happen to SQL IIS, ASP Application… all different performance counter in every concerned machine of the environment.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Most of the behaviour around SQL, IIS and ASP will be the same for On Prem compared to and IFD/Claims Based deployment. The things to watch out for when re-creating your environment are:

1. Sandboxed plugins

2. FetchXml reports compared to SQL reports

3. Separate servers for different server roles

www.develop1.net
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:51 AM
    Answerer
  • OK, so in my case you recommend to me to test the On-Prem deployment event my production environment will be On-line?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:59 AM
  • I think that's the only option you've got if you want to use the VS Web tests. 

When you say you are testing ' what happen to SQL IIS, ASP Application' what specifically are you testing - do you have custom extensions that you are functional testing to ensure they work correctly?

www.develop1.net
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:19 AM
    Answerer
  • I’m just creating and retrieving records of account, contact, sales order... about custom extension, just some SOAP ,Fetch message and Silverlight , no business process plugins or workflow.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:49 AM
  • So if all your customization are running on the client, you will be fine running against a on-prem deployment for your tests.
    www.develop1.net
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:54 AM
    Answerer