none
How to format question? RRS feed

• Question

• How to format question? I posted a question but all my formating removed. I use IE8. Could somebody help? Thanks, Alex.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:21 PM

Answers

• How to format question? I posted a question but all my formating removed. I use IE8. Could somebody help? Thanks, Alex.

I'm assuming you changed (or tried to change) formatting by pasting in formatted text or by altering the HTML via the button? Note that recent versions of IE (and possibly other browsers as well) seem to ignore simple FONT tags. I find that adding DIV with a STYLE attribute works, though. That's what I have done with this reply (posted in the web interface, using the HTML button to edit the text format).

Usually, though, I post messages via the Community Bridge and a newsreader. I find that Windows Live Mail works best (in that respect at least).

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:06 AM
  • Formatting is limited. By design so that there aren't a lot of different looking fonts/text/colors/sizes... thus making it hard to read. Thanks!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Resources for IT Professionals > Forums Home > Windows 7 Application Compatibility) located here: 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/w7itproappcompat/threads

Hope that helps!

Have a great day!

PRADEEP THORAT Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, April 8, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Formatting is limited. By design so that there aren't a lot of different looking fonts/text/colors/sizes... thus making it hard to read. Thanks!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:05 AM

I'm assuming you changed (or tried to change) formatting by pasting in formatted text or by altering the HTML via the button? Note that recent versions of IE (and possibly other browsers as well) seem to ignore simple FONT tags. I find that adding DIV with a STYLE attribute works, though. That's what I have done with this reply (posted in the web interface, using the HTML button to edit the text format).

Usually, though, I post messages via the Community Bridge and a newsreader. I find that Windows Live Mail works best (in that respect at least).

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:06 AM