Office Ultimate 2007 Product Key Question RRS feed

• Question

• I had downloaded(from the Microsoft website) the Office Ultimate in November 2009 at a student price and opted to have the back up discs sent to me. Recently I've had an issue with the Windows Updater on my 32 bit Vista OS and after a long battle, I ended up restoring the system/reinstalling windows (I'm not very computer savvy, I had a friend help me with this). This erased all of the programs I had installed up to this point. Because the system was bare bones again I decided to upgrade to windows 7  32 bit. Now I've pulled out the Office Ultimate Back up discs and it's asking me for a product key. To be honest I thought it would be on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker thats attached to the package it came in, but its not. I have no idea where my key is or how I can locate it. I read something on other answers that there are key programs that can extract the key thats currently in use, but I've erased everything and upgraded the OS. Would a program like this work for my situation? How can I get my product key?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:16 AM

Answers