pool not ready error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set the external webfarm FQDN on my OCS standard edition, and I've run the lcscmd command from the command prompt, it runs then stop with a pool not ready error. I then tried to set via the wbemtest method, however it's simply not setting the external URL.

Any ideas on why this isn't working?

I have run the validation wizard on the web components on my OCS front end server and it come back successful.

Thanks

Monday, March 3, 2008 11:56 AM

All replies

•  

Make sure the pool name is: computername otherwise you will get an (Pool is not ready error in your HTML debugfiles)

Regards,

Rens

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 1:49 PM
  • I think your answer is wrong - if you set the poolname same as the computer name, you will get the following error:

Failure
    [0xC3EC7972] Specified pool FQDN has already been assigned to computer object in pool's domain.

Monday, April 21, 2008 1:18 PM
  • I marked the preceding response by Shijaz as correct, because I also had this error, and changing the name of my pool from the machine name to something else resolved the error.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:02 PM
  • Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:28 PM
  • I think your answer is wrong - if you set the poolname same as the computer name, you will get the following error:

Failure
    [0xC3EC7972] Specified pool FQDN has already been assigned to computer object in pool's domain.

I get this same error.. is it wrong to use the computer name for the pool name?

I've also ran the lcscmd to remove it, though i'm not sure how it would have been in there in the first place, as its a new server (to do an upgrade from standard edition to enterprise R2 2007 from 20007)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:30 PM
  • If you are deploying an Enterprise Edition server you should use a unique name for the pool FQDN, do not use the same name as the Front-End server.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:19 PM
  • Create a new DNS Entry will fix "Failure
    "
    For example, in DNS create communicator.yourdomain.com and point it to your server.

Regards
    nak
    www.bunology.com.au
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 10:34 AM