none
How do I set the forum to send alert when there is a reply to my post to my work email instead of the hotmail one? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

I've seen this question asked a couple of times. Just an FYI for alerts. Forums uses the Live Alerts service to send notifications to an "email account" (This could be a microsoft domain account, i.e. hotmail, live, etc... "or" any other domain account, i.e. gmail, etc...). The caveat is when you create a profile in Forums, it's associated to only one live ID account. This live ID account (depending on the e-mail address you used when signing up) will be used to send notifications to.

Going back to your question, within the Forums app, we can't/don't support sending alerts to multiple e-mail accounts. This is done through live alerts service as mentioned above. Couple of points:

1) If you can configure your hotmail account to forward mail to your alternate e-mail address this would be one option.

2) Wait for our next release (roughly March 18). With this release, we intend to implement a feature (internally most likely) where we can associate one or more live ID's to an existing profile. This means, we can restore you previous live id or associate your new Live ID with your existing profile. Thus, you can sign-up with a new live ID account and use your alternate e-mail address for that and you will get alerts sent there. This btw is the target release date for this feature, things and/or priorities could change in the middle so until we get closer to the March release, it's subject to change.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    • Proposed as answer by Dabur972 Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sanping Li Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:44 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:17 PM