none
most images missing (9 beta) RRS feed

• Question

• I have several browsers installed and check how a certain pages look on ea.  The pages look as excepted in Firfox, Safari, etc. but IE won't display most images.  Usually the background and text will show OK, but items defined by CSS won't display.  However the default home page (MSN) look fine.

Also I can't believe that 'position: fixed' is not correct.  Other blogs say it was fixed in version 7.

So perhaps I have a bad installation, or have a setting in the wrong position.

Can some1 tell me what's wrong?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can some1 tell me what's wrong?

Try using the Developer Tools, Image Report?  F12, Alt-I,R

In IE9 Beta that tool is ridiculously broken, perhaps because of a problem with its stylesheet?.   So, then I wonder what some other browser would do with IE9's Image Report?  Maybe you could uninstall IE9 and then use IE8 to read IE9's Image Report?

So, the answer to your question is mostly that you are using a beta product which is riddled with bugs and usability deficiencies.   Give them your feedback--using the Feedback tool, of course!

---

Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:15 AM
  • I would report this in the IE forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads?filter=alltypes
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, February 14, 2011 5:55 PM
    Answerer