How can I select a query in Advance Find to return all accounts with no activities related (Activities regarding Account) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    I would like to select all the accounts with no activities in the Advance Find screen. I am not a deveoper but this query is important to plan future activities in selected accounts.
    It is straighforward to select the ones that have activities, but I don see how to selecto the ones tat don't have activities.
    Regards,
    Luis
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think I saw somewhere how you could form an outer join if you could put your hands on the FetchXML.  Unfortunately through Advanced Find you can't.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:23 PM
  • Unfortunately, Advanced Find does not support Outer Joins.  You would need to write your own View for seomthing like this.  One option would be to use the SDK to "clone" on of the Views similar to the Accounts with No Orders views and alter the FECTHXML to include the criteria you need.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:43 PM
  • A custom view with a modified FetchXML query would be the way to go for this.  You can use stunnware tools to build the fetchxml.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:08 AM
  • A custom view with a modified FetchXML query would be the way to go for this.  You can use stunnware tools to build the fetchxml.

Are you saying to create and save a view then go in and modify its FetchXML and that 3rd party software in required to get at the FetchXML?

It would be wonderful to get in there and if stunware can do it there must be a way for me to.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:53 PM
  • Friday, October 30, 2009 5:32 PM