Microsoft shatters Zune target RRS feed

• General discussion

• Microsoft broke through the one million units shipped barrier with its Zune digital music player, ahead of its June deadline and beating Apple's iPod record, reports InfoWorld.com.
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:09 PM

All replies

• I own Zune an Apple iPod both. But, I like iPod more. Wink
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:13 PM
  •  Rahul_Nimawat_eefc3d wrote:
    I own Zune an Apple iPod both. But, I like iPod more.

Any specific reason???

Friday, June 1, 2007 1:37 AM
  • Even though Zune has beaten iPod sales, i dont know why it aint popular as Apple's iPod Stick out tongue
    Friday, June 1, 2007 8:14 AM
  • I think its the naturality of innovation which makes iPod stand out better. iPod was a fresh concept from Apple and that makes the difference. No doubt MS also tried to en cash this evolving market, and they are selling their stuff nicely now.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 8:06 AM
  • I think it took time for MS to sell out their ZUNE as compared to the rapid sales of ipod.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 11:50 AM
  • I explain to you all why this happened

First of all, in the same month when microsoft sold about a million zune player
    the apple i-pod sold 30 million players

In the starting the Apple I POD was not able to do that well because that was a new concept so people were not sure of its quality etc..

now since such media players have become popular so they are selling faster

Apple I Pod was is and will be the best ......
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 8:56 PM
  • I agree with you. (Being iPod fan )
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 9:47 PM
  • Yes man, even i think that iPod is better. But i have only used iPod, not Zune, so cant e sure aboutit.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 12:36 PM
  • Zune and Ipod are similar ..no big variations are seen....
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:46 PM
  • Seems Cool then. I wish MS also gives ZUNE too as a complimentary to the winners; )
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 2:35 PM
  • I consider myself lucky to get a change to try out Zune. And i must say that i am very much impressed. The reason Ipod is more popular is beacuse its been in the market for quite some time and a lot of third party Ipod compatibles like Ipod speakers, and ipod supported Car Mp3 players are also avialbale. I think it will take more effort from Microsoft to reach the level and i am sure MS will put up a good fight....
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:29 PM
  • Yes man, ZUNE aint that much public here. Also its not able to reach the small towns and masses very well as iPod did. May be thats because not many know of Zune. MS needs to do marketing on it.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:43 AM
  • Apple always makes products which justify themself for a Nice class. May that be iPod or Mac either.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:34 AM
  • Apple's products are really nice and trendy and of cause different from others. But zune has broken its records now Smile Party for MS !!!
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:09 PM