Larg drives with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone found any problems with the new 1TB drives on whs?

Steve

Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

They are very good, I use them already, good drives indeed. I do not use them on the WHS, but on my raids controller.

General issue tho regarding hard disk drive size, if your BIOS can see them, the nyou will have issue with them on the OS, as long the OS can see the controller.

I just make new box ready for the RTM, with 4 1tb drive, but still waiting for the RTM tho.

My best
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:57 AM
  • Hi Steve,

I will say about the hardware as I use them, here, in fact they doing better than the 500gb that I had before, better speed and a like, I think that becouse of the larger cache they use.

Regarding the sound and the heat problem, I did not faced that, they here run cooler and same sound as the 500gb one I replace them with.

Heat and sound can be defernet from one person pc/server to another person, how that fit, and in what condidtion and a like.

My best.
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

They are very good, I use them already, good drives indeed. I do not use them on the WHS, but on my raids controller.

General issue tho regarding hard disk drive size, if your BIOS can see them, the nyou will have issue with them on the OS, as long the OS can see the controller.

I just make new box ready for the RTM, with 4 1tb drive, but still waiting for the RTM tho.

My best
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:57 AM
  • Abobader,

Thanks.

How the speed performed for moving large data? I read some unencouraging report about the heat and noise they do generate.

Steve

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Hi Steve,

I will say about the hardware as I use them, here, in fact they doing better than the 500gb that I had before, better speed and a like, I think that becouse of the larger cache they use.

Regarding the sound and the heat problem, I did not faced that, they here run cooler and same sound as the 500gb one I replace them with.

Heat and sound can be defernet from one person pc/server to another person, how that fit, and in what condidtion and a like.

My best.
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:47 AM