Business management security settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there
    I'm working on creating a new custom role. Most of the entities are very straight forward but I'm a little confused about some of the entities under the Business management tab. Can anyone tell me what the following entities relate to:

- Organisation settings
    - User settings

If for example I set the read priviliges on the user settings to organisation what does that actually mean? Where would the user see user settings?

Am I the only one who would really like to see some documentation on this or am I just looking the wrong place?
    Kind regards, Thomas Rath
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:49 AM

Answers

• Not all the security rights that you set can be noticed fom the CRM UI. In this case you can't see other user's settings using the CRM UI. But using the SDK you might have the rights to do that.

Hope this helps...

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:40 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

That's right, Organization settings gives you privileges to set default display formats, isv extensions etc.
    User settings does a lot of up-keepings in the backend before the user is functional in the front end.
    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:14 PM

All replies

• Not all the security rights that you set can be noticed fom the CRM UI. In this case you can't see other user's settings using the CRM UI. But using the SDK you might have the rights to do that.

Hope this helps...

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:40 PM
  • Thanks. I kind os suspected that was the explanation. But what about the Organisation Settings? Is that mapped to the System Settings, Auto Numbering, privacy Preferences, etc?
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:46 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

That's right, Organization settings gives you privileges to set default display formats, isv extensions etc.
    User settings does a lot of up-keepings in the backend before the user is functional in the front end.
    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:14 PM
  • That is correct.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:58 PM
  • OK. Thanks for you help and quick relies.

:-)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:38 AM