Up Dates RRS feed

• General discussion

• Windows Live One Care  is designed by folks bent on destroying any confidence the user had in Microsoft
    Here we have a company that is constantly embroiled in law suits dealing with their predatory efforts to compete unfairly with other companies.
    That said I have encountered 2 issues with this program that even their top (off shore) fixers have trouble understanding,much less fixing in a reasonable time frame.
    The first issue is this constant requirement to back up data to insure you can get your system from Yellow back to Green. I had to buy an external Hard Drive and keep it attached to my main frame( I have 3 computers on LOC and I am on LOC only because they will cover up to 3 computers for the same price) the system manages to back up the OS even though you have recovery discs. Needless to say it winds up using a great amount of Hard Drive space.
    The second issue is that when I was attempting to add the 3rd computer it required that I have SP2 installed and then IE upgraded to 7. It did allow SP2 but will not allow IE to upgrade to 7. This is still a work in progress.
    I have already spent 16 plus hours on these 2 issues and presently awaiting a call back from one of their top level fixers.
    I pity HP, Dell, and all the other companies that have to rely on Microsoft as MS put them in a terrible customer relations situation.
    I am going to ditch this Live One Care for an easier system to rely on.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:43 AM

All replies

• One Care backup can be turned off. Open One Care>Change Settings>Backup>Configure Backup>Change Settings> Turn off backup on this computer. One Care backup does not back up the operating system or programs, it only backs up data files. If you have a large amount of videos,photos, music etc. on three computers backup may require a large amount of disc space even though the backups are compressed into zip files.

Support should be able to help you install IE7.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:53 PM