How to synchronize folders/files between between a Url site and a local system? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've developed an application that synchronize files between 2 folders, using a VPN connection. It's working smoothly, but the network administrator has asked me not to share the folder due to security reasons.

Can I use Microsoft Sync Framework for file system with a site as source folder?

Thansk!
    Silvana
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Monday, April 18, 2011 10:16 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Feedback [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi -

You should be able to do it if you have access to the IIS site data ( i.e. you should be able to do a net use * <IIS data location> ) and this should work. Note however that we have not tried this ourselves !

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:39 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi -

When you say site - do you mean like a Sharepoint site? Currently we can download ( or sync from ) a sharepoint site but cannot upload to a Sharepoint site - this should be possible once we ship Microsoft Sync Framework V2 CTP2.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Deepa, thanks for the quick answer!

No, I mean like an IIS site...

Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Hi -

You should be able to do it if you have access to the IIS site data ( i.e. you should be able to do a net use * <IIS data location> ) and this should work. Note however that we have not tried this ourselves !

Thanks
    Deepa
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Deepa, I have a new question for you.

I need to create a filesyncprovider for a destination folder. This destination folder is available through a VPN connection, but it requires a user and password. Is it possible to indicate this to the sync provider by code?

Thanks!
    Silvana
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:31 PM
  • Hi -

No sorry there is no way to do this currently through code.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 5:50 PM
    Answerer
  • Oups!

What would you recommend? Could I use impersonalization?

Thanks!
    Silvana
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:12 PM