none
Unable to sign in and restore back up on Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe after changing password RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use a different computer for Microsoft Money.  I downloaded Money Plus Deluxe, I have a back up of my latest file on an external hard drive.  I forgot my hotmail password, because I never use hotmail.  I was able to reset my password, but now I can't log into Money.  I have been trying for over an hour and it doesn't work.  It keeps saying incorrect email or password.  I really want to restore my file and be able to use it again.  I am wondering if it is because the file on the external drive was saved using the old password?  

I would love some input, before I go crazier.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 11:59 PM

All replies

• You need to use the password that was in effect when you saved your Money file.  Money no longer communicates with the Microsoft servers so it doesn't "know" that you have changed your password.  The recommended procedure is:

- disconnect from the internet (pull your wired connection or disable wireless access)

- open Money and select "I want to work offline"

-  use File>Password Manager with your old password to remove your live id password

This all presumes that you created your Money file with a US version of Money.  If you were using a non-US version, you need to uninstall US Money Sunset and install the appropriate version.

Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:29 AM