Certificate name = fqdn of server or dns of pool? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I am trying to install OCS 2007 for interal use.

The server where OCS is running has the fqdn comm.hll-is.local

My configured pool has the dns hrsuitepool.hll-is.local

For which address do I have to create the certificate?
    If my certificate is created for hrsuitepool.hll-is.local all checks on the server are fine but I cannot connect to OCS via Office Communicator.

When I try to change to a certificate which was created for the fqdn: comm.hll-is.local I get an error message that I should choose an certificate which is created for the fqdn, otherwise clients could not connect.

What should I do?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:11 PM

Answers

• I am using enterprise server

So finally I got it running Smile

I had to choose the poolname, but in addition I had to put the fqdn as originiator of the certificate.
    Now it works Smile

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:57 PM

All replies

• Are you deploying a consolidated Standard Edition Front-End or an Enterprise Edition cluster?  A 'pool' as it's defined only applies to an Enterprise deployment.

If Standard stand-alone, then your "internal pool" name is actually the server's FQDN.  But if going with an Enterprise cluster, than the pool name will be a unique FQDN which points to the load-balanced (via hardware, not NLB) IP Address.

So assuming a single Standard Edition front-end, the pool FQDN should be comm.hll-is.local.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:53 PM
  • I am using enterprise server

So finally I got it running Smile

I had to choose the poolname, but in addition I had to put the fqdn as originiator of the certificate.
    Now it works Smile

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:57 PM