64 bit Certification? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I reformatted my Vista machine to use the 64 bit version, and when I went to check the various pieces of software for my new environment, I noticed that OneCare's ISCA Labs' certification is only for the 32 bit version of Vista.

As WLOC supports Vista 64, why isn't the product certified??  That's giving me some serious concerns...

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:44 PM

All replies

• I can't actually answer this question, but I'll see what I can find out....

If certification is important to you, then I'd recommend looking at other protection. On the other hand, the lack of x64 certification at this point is probably due to the fact that the 32 bit version was submitted and the 64 bit version is either in the pipeline for testing or someone figured that since the signatures and protection was the same for both versions, one submission was enough.

-steve

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:22 PM
  • Thanks Stephen, I'll be curious to hear what you find out.

While I *am* interested in certifications on the products I install, the "64-bit certified" product that I did install didn't have working context menus (right click scans) in 64 bit, nor would it let me change options as a Standard User using "Run as Administrator" - I guess they assume everyone wants to run an Administrator account

OneCare is running fine presently!
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:43 PM
  • Glad to hear that it is working well for you. I don't know if I'll hear anything soon on this, so I'll leave it unanswered and let you post back a reminder to float the thread back up if you don't hear anything in a few weeks.

-steve

Monday, March 31, 2008 3:15 PM