Word Merge error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a word merge to build address labels.  The template is built but when I try to run it I get the following error:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge is already running.  Only one mail merge can run at a time.  To start a new one, close Microsoft Word.

Word is closed and I have even checked Task Manger to make sure it wasn't still open.

Please help!
    Monday, February 9, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• You need to shut down anything that runs Internet Explorer.  This includes Outlook.

Shut down Outlook and Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word, Then try again

Please view the following KB Article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/946273

Error message when you complete a mail merge: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge is already running"

When you try to complete a mail merge operation, you receive the following error message:
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge is already running. Only one mail merge can occur at a time. To start a new one, close Microsoft Word, which will stop the current mail merge and then start a new one.

Resolution

To resolve this problem, exit Windows Internet Explorer or Microsoft Office Outlook, depending on the application that you used to start the mail merge operation. Then, restart the mail merge operation.

Your Trusted Technology Partner
    • Proposed as answer by TD-CRM Monday, February 9, 2009 5:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben M123 Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:52 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2009 5:46 PM