When It Pours It Rains RRS feed

• Question

• I apparently needed to go ahead and replace my system drive in my 485.  So they sent me one.  Guess what? Placed it in the drive and I couldn't do a reset on it to bring it up to snuff with the 3.0 ware.  Before they replaced it they recommended I buy a USB to SATA to try and format.  I bought one at Frys by Diablotek and when I got it home there were broken parts in sealed plastic bags that were in a sealed box. I drove back to Frys and they would not take it because it was damaged and referred me to Diablotek. I went to their website to get an RMA. Their site forum looked like ghost town.  I won't know the RMA status until tomorrow.

So I drove to Microcenter to buy a USB to SATA. I got by Sabrent. Try going to Sabrent.com.  I wasn't able to intialize or format the replacement of the replacement. So I am down for the count and wondering what could happened next.

In order to get my replacement for the replacement I have to call HP back at 3pm tomorrow (practically another day gone) to see about that.  The person I talked to said there might be a different process in getting a new drive.

Meanwhile I am losing my trust and support for the Mediasmart.   Waiting for the next shoe to drop...........

Does anyone think maybe my server came from the lemon pile?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:24 AM

All replies

• I've had quite a few mediasmarts and they've been good.  I would say you just got unlucky with the drive and then the USB enclosure.

--
    • Proposed as answer by Al West Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:36 PM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:35 PM