none
Powershell Script

Question

• Hello Everyone!!!

I been given an assignment to make powershell program to do a query on software on my machines in  Active Directory. I have a script that would individually find software per machine (if I went to each machine anf ran the script). I was wondering if there are any scripts that I could do it automatically  (without going to each machine)  or could you could lead me in the direction to find these resources. Thank you!! 

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Everyone!!! I been given an to make powershell program to do do a query on software on my machines in my Active Directory. I have a script that would individually find software per machine (if I went to each machine anf ran the script). I was wondering if there are any scripts that I could do it automatically  (without going to each machine)  or could you could lead me in the direction to find these resources. Thank you!! 
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:32 PM
  • Hello jrk527.

You can ask your question in the Official Scripting Guys Forum. I can move it there for you if you want.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:51 PM
  • Might try over here.

Windows PowerShell forum on TechNet

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:33 AM
  • Hi,you have several options to accomplish the task with PowerShell:

• Option 1: adjust the script to find the information required into a log file on a server share an run the script as shutdown script.
    • Option 2: adjust the script to query the remote computer given as parameter by WMI or registry remotely for the program you wish to check.
    • Option 3: tune option 2 to get the computer names from Active Directory or a text file and to log the information in a text or CSV file.

In the Technet Gallery you will find an example.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:46 PM