Wirless laptop connection issue on WHS! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have 2 desktop PCs sucessfully connected to my WHS. One PC (running on Win XP OS) is hard wired to the WHS and  the other Desktop (running on Vista Ultimate OS) is connected to the WHS via a wireless adapter. I am using a D-link DIR-655 router and a matching D-link wireless adapter on the second PC .

I tried adding a wireless laptop( running on Vista Business OS) to my network but I cannot get my WHS to connect/see the wireless laptop. I can however access the admin console from the laptop.

I have port forwarding on ports 80,443 and 4125 setup on the DIR-655 D-link router, including remote desktop on both PC's. My home network is working very well with the two connected PC's above!

I have checked everyhting i could think of on the router and the laptop. Is there a setting on the laptop I need to adjust/correct???. The wireless connection works on the second desktop pc with my WHS. Not sure why my WHS will not connect with the laptop????

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:07 PM

Answers

•  

I'm not understanding your problem.  You say the WHS cannot see the Vista laptop.

Here's a couple of things to look at...

Is the laptop and the WHS in the same workgroup?

Does the laptop see the WHS?

Did you run install and run the WHS extender software on the laptop?

Friday, March 28, 2008 4:10 PM