Upgrade 3.0 to 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

I have a Problem when I try to upgrade my CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. The System told me

German:

"Die Volltextindizes in der Microsoft Dynamics CRM-Datenbank sind mit den Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0-Volltextindizes nicht konsistent."

That means there is a problem with the INdex in the 3.0 Database. Has anyone an idea how to create the original Index on the database to do the upgrade.

Thanks

Norbert Lang

Monday, January 28, 2008 10:25 AM

Answers

•  

Indexes are created in SQL Server on the relevant tables in the CRM databases.

I have a suspicion that the only way to deal with this is to try and work out which index is missing and then to create it manually. A comparison with another CRM 3.0 system may help,.

Is there any clue as to which index or table the error relates to?

Looking at your German text, I'm guessing that the errors actually relate to Full Text. This article may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927226/en-us

Monday, January 28, 2008 12:11 PM

All replies

•  

Indexes are created in SQL Server on the relevant tables in the CRM databases.

I have a suspicion that the only way to deal with this is to try and work out which index is missing and then to create it manually. A comparison with another CRM 3.0 system may help,.

Is there any clue as to which index or table the error relates to?

Looking at your German text, I'm guessing that the errors actually relate to Full Text. This article may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927226/en-us

Monday, January 28, 2008 12:11 PM
  • Hi

Thank´s for your help. It was the table "DocumentIndex". Nobody build there an personal index but after deleting and creating new from another CRM Installation it works fine.

Regards

Norbert

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:12 AM