Live person phone support??? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is there a toll free number for support??
    Friday, January 18, 2008 8:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think there's a FAQ (called reaching support) on this forum check it out.

do you have some specific issue that you need help with? Perhaps I can help with that on this forum

Saturday, January 19, 2008 1:40 AM
  •  Will00x wrote:

Is there a toll free number for support??

Yes, once your subscription can be validated per the FAQ below, you will see your support options including phone support. if you are a trial user or have not yet installed and activated, support is by email only.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:35 AM
  • Why won't anyone answer this question? We ask for the phone support and are directed to

a website. I've gone to websites and asked onecare live. Yet find no support and no phone #
    Monday, January 21, 2008 7:08 PM
  •  JerryR.1 wrote:

Why won't anyone answer this question? We ask for the phone support and are directed to

a website. I've gone to websites and asked onecare live. Yet find no support and no phone #

JerryR.1, read the post directly above yours. Follow the link to the FAQ on how to reach support.

The support number is not published because phone and chat support are only available for paid users. You need to validate your subscription to get access to the number.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:41 AM
  • There is an eight eight six number to onecare.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:05 AM
  • I'm a paid subscriber and I can't find a phone number...Sad

Sunday, February 10, 2008 3:23 PM
  • dial onecare

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:10 PM
  •  Lori001 wrote:
    I'm a paid subscriber and I can't find a phone number...

The phone number is presented to you when you follow the support flow per the FAQ and your subscription is able to be validated. Unfortunately, the validation doesn't always work, but as I note in the FAQ, open an email support case as a trial user and provide your subscriber information and request the phone number.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 12:52 AM
  • what is da phone number

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:05 AM
  • I do have a current subscription and it has worked fine until a couple of days ago. Now, the website says that my subscription is not valid and won't give me aphone number to call. Also, no reponse to any e-mails.

Problem is that the error messages I am getting from Windows Onecare keep throwing me off of the internet, and I can only access the internet via Firefox, not IE 7(which is my normal default). Windows oneCare will also not uninstall using Vista for some reason, so I can't just reinstall it in the normal fashion. The support system doesn't seem to be helping me at all and I'm not sure what to do about it at this point. Unreal.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:42 PM
  •  Dennis1727 wrote:
    I do have a current subscription and it has worked fine until a couple of days ago. Now, the website says that my subscription is not valid and won't give me aphone number to call. Also, no reponse to any e-mails.

Problem is that the error messages I am getting from Windows Onecare keep throwing me off of the internet, and I can only access the internet via Firefox, not IE 7(which is my normal default). Windows oneCare will also not uninstall using Vista for some reason, so I can't just reinstall it in the normal fashion. The support system doesn't seem to be helping me at all and I'm not sure what to do about it at this point. Unreal.

Dennis1727:

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3941697&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:56 PM
  • We live in La Porte Tx and were hit by Ike. Our laptop got ruined in the hurricane. I had just renewed my subscription with one care. How can i install it to the new computer? The computer that we had was purchased by my step-dad, but i renewed the subscription. Can you please help me i don't know what to do.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:15 PM
  •  nogarzagilley wrote:

We live in La Porte Tx and were hit by Ike. Our laptop got ruined in the hurricane. I had just renewed my subscription with one care. How can i install it to the new computer? The computer that we had was purchased by my step-dad, but i renewed the subscription. Can you please help me i don't know what to do.

Follow the instructions found here:

http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/addcomputerinstall.htm

Activate (subscribe) with the subscription LiveID from the 1st PC.

-steve

Monday, November 3, 2008 3:04 PM
  • I to have been trying to get a phone number. I am having trouble with the firewall and antivirus staying "ON"!   I removed the program from my pc and reloaded it but it will not take the key # that came with it nor will it take the product #. How do I get this thing to activate again? I'm close to calling the better business bureau if I don't get some answers!!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:22 AM
  • If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Alternatively, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email addresses that you have set up as LiveIDs and one will show your subscription listed - that would the LiveID to use to activate with.

If the activation dialog already contains a LiveID from a prior attempt or one used in trial mode, but this is not the one you need to activate with to associate it with your subscription, see this post for how to reset this - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2

For more information see Instant Help - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2&mkt=en-us&querytype=topic&query=OneCare_PROC_FindLiveIDHelp.htm

As to your firewall and virus protection not staying on, you either have a conflicting program running on the PC, likely other security software, or a required service may be turned off. You can try the tools below, but I would recommend contacting support to review your services and installed/running programs.

Firewall repair tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2468376&SiteID=2

Virus and Spyware repair tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2667445&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:37 AM
  • You, sir , are an overpaid hack. If you would have read my message you would have seen I went to the websites and am a paid suscriber. your advice rarely helps, and if anyone contradicts you you delete their posts.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:09 PM
  •  JerryR.1 wrote:

You, sir , are an overpaid hack. If you would have read my message you would have seen I went to the websites and am a paid suscriber. your advice rarely helps, and if anyone contradicts you you delete their posts.

I have never deleted any posts where I have been contradicted. I will delete posts that are inflammatory and I will delete posts where the support phone number is provided as the forum is visible to all on the Internet and support calls are only available to paid subscribers like you.

I have not recently read your messages. This thread was revived by someone else posting to it - looking for support. Note that I did not delete your previous posts to the thread where you hinted at the phone number for support. I see that you have made a total of 8 posts to the forum, 7 of them at the beginning of this year. Of those, 6 are complaints about an inability to reach support or responses to people looking to find support. This thread, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2742370&SiteID=2, is the only one where you specify your problem at the time, which was an apparent spyware infection. My response, which you didn't like, was to contact support. That is the appropriate path for help if you were infected while using OneCare. If you wish to get specific help to remove the infection from others in a web forum, this is not the one to get it from. The purpose of this forum is to discuss OneCare and help each other with known issues. Spyware, viruses, Trojans that have not been dealt with properly by OneCare are referred to OneCare support or 3rd party forums, as you've seen in our replies here.

And, for the record, I am a volunteer, as are the other moderators here. we do not work for Microsoft directly or indirectly.

I am offended by your personal attack. I believe that many people who have come through the forums would disagree with you on the allegation that my advice rarely helps.

If you don't want to be alerted to any further updates to the threads where your 8 posts are part of, click on My Threads at the top of the forum and delete the alert subscriptions that are listed.

-steve

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Live OneCare direct line is [deleted phone number].  You may be on hold for a long time and have to speak to several different persons, but stay with them.  They are very nice and helpful.  The man who finally helped me located a hotmail address that I didn't even know about and found my paid subscription, changed the 90 day trial on my new computer to the paid subscription, and now I am blissfully happy!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 2:00 AM